Yonex Insole AC-191

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by clawhammers, May 14, 2012.

1. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

2. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

I've used them before, but I got mine from Shuttle-House a long time ago..

They were alright for replacing the stock insoles of Yonex shoes. They're nothing special over the stock insoles. They're made very generically. As I believe most people break their insoles first before their shoe. I've always found that the stock insoles will have a hole under my big toe on both sides. Guess I put the most pressure there.

But I've since moved onto SuperFeet Blue and Green. And the rest is history.

3. clawhammers

Thanks for sharing ckyew :D

I intend to buy this insole due to the fact that the insole of shb F1MX is not a wave insole.

hopefully it would fit with my feet.

4. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

I personally don't think there is a much difference between wave insoles or not as I've had them before. As I'm assuming you're going to pay around 10GBP (at least from my side) to get one, might as well spend a bit more time looking at better insoles for your shoes.

5. Jonster

Jonster Regular Member

University Student
    I bought a couple of the insoles as I do tend to wear down the insoles before my shoes. They are thicker than the stock insoles. The texture of the outer layer feels like the SHB 85 LTD WC edition that I had. They were very soft and fuzzy. I estimate it will last longer than the stock insoles. They work well in relation to the stock wave insoles.

Definitely going to look into companies that specialize in insoles in the future. Nothing against the AC-191s though, I do not have much experience with insoles.

6. clawhammers

Thanks Jonster

Do you use AC-191 Insole for replacing the stock (wave) insoles, or you put it simultaneously above the stock (wave) insoles, or vice versa, below the stock (wave) insoles ?

please advise :D

7. kryptic

kryptic New Member

I use them to replace the stock insoles. But does anyone happen to know what those 2 little foam wedge shaped pieces that are included in the package with the insoles are for?

8. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

I've tried these a couple of times.These are softer than the stock wave insoles of YY shoes but they wear out quite fast.

Victor VT-XD7 (http://www.victorsport.com/product_detail_1763.html) are way better. Better feel and durability.

YY-AC191 are made in generic sizes and you need to trim off some excess material but Victor VT-XD7's come in your exact shoe size.

Of course there are other brands (e., Spenco, etc) but they cost more.