String recommendation for Yonex Z Force

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by rellz, May 15, 2012.

1. rellz

rellz Regular Member

Student
    I have a Yonex Z-Force (please don't have a go at me for having a stupidly expensive racquet :D) and I currently have BG66 ULTIMAX strings on it at 24lbs tension.

Now I know that they say that lower tension provides more power and I am predominately a doubles player that thrives on power, massive clears and smashes are my thing.

Are there any particular strings out there that anyone would recommend above the BG66 UMs? I feel I can squeeze just slightly more power out if my strings were definitely right for me.

Thanks in advance

2. fRAGMa

fRAGMa Regular Member

Try to look around for the Zymax 62 or 65. The 65 (quite new) is slightly less repulsive as the 62 but it has a better durability.

Else as always BG80/80P N98 but this also depends a lot on the feeling you can get with those different strings in comparison with with 66UM (feeling wise). I got the Z force also and im Currently playing with the Li Ning ap62 (more or less the Zymax 62 with same thin gauge) It rocks.

Problem it s advised to not string over 26 lbs for the ap62 , written 30 lbs on the zymax62 tho . A strong mishit or too much small mishits will defo make brake faster the strings more than any other one(thicker). At 24 lbs you should be safe though^^.

Take a look in the other thread "Asahaway renew the zymax series "or anything similar to this.

my 2c

ps: I played with the 66 UM and bg 80 before on the very same racquet

#2 fRAGMa, May 19, 2012
    Last edited: May 19, 2012