What is the best badminton-related gift you've ever received (or wish you had)?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Mayners67, May 17, 2012.

1. Mayners67

Mayners67 New Member

IT
    A friend of mine whose greatest passion is badminton is turning 40 in a few weeks and I'd like to get them a present related to badminton..but I could do with some help with ideas!

Please let me know what the best badminton-related present is that you've ever received, or what you would ideally like to get as present, related to badminton Obviously it has to be something that all keen badminton players would love to get (not just you)! Please be a specific as possible (i.e. make/model, if relevant)

Many thanks
    A

2. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    Victor Racket would be top of my list but nobody would know which racket(stiffness/head heaviness/series) that i would like to use lol >.>~~!!

To be practical ... you could get him clothing or footwear (consider you know the size)
    Yonex or Victor would be a nice choice~

If you aint sure about the size ... a badminton bag would just do the trick i suppose ;)

Wrist band? to absorb sweat from getting to the palm?

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    People who play badminton will chose their own equipment. A present of new equipment has the risk of it not matching the person.

If it were a gift, then a ticket to watch the finals of a major event sitting in the VIP area or the players area.

You can choose the Olympics :) which is happening this year.

Alternatively, I would pick visiting and watching the Indonesian Open. A definite bonus if you have an Indonesian player reaches one of the finals.

I remember going to watch the Japan Open in 2001. I went on the tournament coach as I was with somebody that time. My absolute favourite doubles player and then his partner got on the coach. For a badminton fanatic, it was an incredible feeling to see the Olympic champions sitting next to me!! LOL

#3 Cheung, May 18, 2012
    Last edited: May 18, 2012
  4. wlachan

wlachan Regular Member

A tube of Yonex AS-50? Or an array of the best birdies from different manufacturers if you have more budget? Surely all badminton players love quality birdies. :)

5. diverdan

diverdan Regular Member

graduate
    Some one to one coaching sessions with a pro.