YONEX UK / BX CODE. Similar quality and standard to the SP / IP / JP code???

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by AezranHakim, May 17, 2012.

1. AezranHakim

AezranHakim Regular Member

Office Boy
    Dear friends, Im based in Malaysia and we only get the chance to try SP / IP and JP coded racquets, but most of the time its SP..

My first Question
    Recently, I had the opportunity to have a look at UK / BX coded racquets brought in from a local guy, apparently his VT70 BX code and my VT70 SP code (BOTH 4U G4) i noticed that the buttcap is sized differently (my SP code being abit bigger)... and paintwork on mine seems more 'smoother' compared to the BX unit, why is it such?

I saw his Nanospeed9900, the paintwork on the cone cap and top frame (wordings) were not that sharp as mine, it was abit blurry... but not too bad..

He also had a VT80, the paintwork on the sides are not even... I brought it to a local badminton shop and the person said its not original, he compared head to head with his VT80 and it was more 'lighter'??? It was hard to me to see the originality of it since there is no PBSI logo.... what do you guys think?

My second Question
    If its orginal, how do i benchmark the quality of these racquets? Is it similar to the SP coded racquets or is lesser in quality or is actually better than the SP units? Will it last as long as our SP coded racquets in our climate or is it more easier to break?

2. AezranHakim

Office Boy
    Anyone mind helping?

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

A) Wrong section
    B) UK and BX are European code, do you really think the quality is going to be worse with one year warranty versus 3 months for SP? As for the paintjob: there have been lots of complaints about VT80 paintjob no matter which code, even JP (if you want to believe it is "better"). The chances of your SP being fake instead are 100 times bigger (not that yours has to be but there are that much more fake SP rackets. In fact have never encountered a fake BX racket before)

#3 demolidor, May 19, 2012
    Last edited: May 19, 2012
  4. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

there is only minimum 1 month warranty, and no sufficient customer protection, for SP version sold in my country :(

nevertheless, we learn how to carefully purchase original SP version from trustable and reputable shops (which also set its pricing almost 30%-40% cheaper compared to Queensway's pricing)

:D

5. AezranHakim

Office Boy
    I live in malaysia hence no warranty for all BX / UK coded items.. only for SP items that are massively brought in.. but its good to think about also... :)

6. AezranHakim

Office Boy
    anyone else mind helping? :)

7. AezranHakim

Office Boy
    Anyone? :)