question about hybrid stringing

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by precrime3, May 18, 2012.

1. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    Ive only seen this a few times and want to know if theyre any good. Its like one i saw a kevlar with gut string hybrid for 30 dollars and im like wtf? plz explain what it is and how it works. Thanks.

2. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

mmmm. I do use a hybrid kevlar setup for tennis.... But I don't see anyone using it for badminton though.

3. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    I think its the same concept considering tennis string is just a lot thicker than badminton string. Is this kevlar string have better performance or what? explain plz. thx

4. phili

phili Regular Member

I think there is a thread here on hybrid stringing. If I recall correctly the common result was that its not good. Just look around a bit.

5. Daveg

Daveg Regular Member

Full time Stringer
    Hybrid stringing is mainly used for Tennis, I have never been asked to Hybrid a badminton racket. The reason Hybrid is used in Tennis is to increase / decrease the spin power potential. (As you don't spin a shuttle there is no advantage there.) Another reason for Hybrid is to soften the string bed or increase the durability. (many reason in Tennis as you are setting the stringbed up for the Players type of game and their requirements: comfort , spin potential, power and feel.) hope this helps!

6. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

The horizontal strings do more work than the vertical strings in tennis, but not in badminton, so hybriding a badminton racket makes little sense. The only reason would be to get pretty colour combinations. (I found a guy stringing black/pink on youtube:)).

7. Alex82

Alex82 Regular Member

Linux-Sysadmin
    hmm... if you have a rough string and the string snaps too often on the mains, then you can put a slippery string on the crosses. so the crosses don't cut the mains too heavy...