User Tag List

Page 15 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Results 239 to 255 of 1032
  1. #239
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    775
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @canadianBadmint: Thanks for sharing your minds. You talked about a metallic feeling.
    When I was trying MX-70, it was already metallic for me. Is MX-JJS it "more metallic" than MX-70?
    What about the feeling of MX-80 in term of metallic feeling?

  2. #240
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    438
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Have you managed to test out the PP Precision Pro yet? Get one on the heavier and higher bp side, it has since replaced my mx70 and mx80.
    I have two PPro's. Both just under 86g with 296bp. They hit good but seem to lack some pop. Maybe it's the string tension or maybe it needs more weight. Hard to tell because i really don't know how much my MX80 weighs. Definitely feels heavier and it drops smashes like a bomb. I have a TPro 2nd get (red) at 86g and it's pretty good too. Maybe I need to add a hair of weight on the head of the PPro.

  3. #241
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    10,252
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Accordaz View Post
    @canadianBadmint: Thanks for sharing your minds. You talked about a metallic feeling.When I was trying MX-70, it was already metallic for me. Is MX-JJS it "more metallic" than MX-70?What about the feeling of MX-80 in term of metallic feeling?
    Whoah! With its extra stiff shaft and solid frame, in addition to its 80 holes, MX80 is the grand master of metallic feel!

  4. #242
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    10,252
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dimcorner View Post
    I have two PPro's. Both just under 86g with 296bp. They hit good but seem to lack some pop. Maybe it's the string tension or maybe it needs more weight. Hard to tell because i really don't know how much my MX80 weighs. Definitely feels heavier and it drops smashes like a bomb. I have a TPro 2nd get (red) at 86g and it's pretty good too. Maybe I need to add a hair of weight on the head of the PPro.
    I see. You really need to get a scale and weigh that mx80 then.

    And try putting a few inches of athlete tape at the top of your P Pro to see if the extra mass will get you more pop.
    Last edited by visor; 08-25-2012 at 08:49 PM.

  5. #243
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    438
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    I see. You really need to get a scale and weigh that mx80 then.

    And try putting a few inches of athlete tape at the top of your P Pro to see if the extra mass will get you more pop.
    Yeah I should just go to Harbor Freight and buy their digital scale for $18. measures to the .1 gram up to 5kg. I can always convert it for cooking duties

  6. #244
    Regular Member dingboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    328
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBadmint View Post
    I bought mine online from MBS so I assume they chose the cloth cover instead for shipping reasons.
    Oh yeah .... that makes sense.

  7. #245
    Regular Member CanadianBadmint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    141
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Accordaz View Post
    @canadianBadmint: Thanks for sharing your minds. You talked about a metallic feeling.
    When I was trying MX-70, it was already metallic for me. Is MX-JJS it "more metallic" than MX-70?
    What about the feeling of MX-80 in term of metallic feeling?
    I would describe the MX80 as "crisper" than the MX JJS. Like you really feel that connection of the shuttle hitting the stringbed.

    The MX JJS on the other hand feels more solid and metallic ish. The feeling is like the frame bounces back the shuttle with 2x the force.

    My thoughts on the MX70 is that it is numb. That is all...

  8. #246
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    438
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Tried the 70. Not a fan

  9. #247
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    klang
    Posts
    559
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBadmint View Post
    The MX JJS on the other hand feels more solid and metallic ish. The feeling is like the frame bounces back the shuttle with 2x the force.
    I totally agreed with this. the shuttle flew faster and longer with my normal hitting force and technique.

  10. #248
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the 1st hands on feeling is like BS-12! tommorow will try it on court to see how it really is..

  11. #249
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    775
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Eeew... So the MX-JJS seems to be metallic in terms of feeling :-(
    I didn't like the metallic and the quite a bit "hollow" feeling of MX-70. On the other hand MX-80 and MX-JJS are so (over)hyped here, it must be good *lol*

    I'd like to trade a BS LYD with a MX-JJS, someone interested? :P

  12. #250
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    im using the BS LYD and LOVING IT! its sooo good but i am looking forward in trying the mx jjs.

  13. #251
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    klang
    Posts
    559
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Accordaz View Post
    Eeew... So the MX-JJS seems to be metallic in terms of feeling :-(I didn't like the metallic and the quite a bit "hollow" feeling of MX-70. On the other hand MX-80 and MX-JJS are so (over)hyped here, it must be good *lol*
    everyone talking about mettalic feeling, what is mettalic feeling?

  14. #252
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    775
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riffsuad View Post
    everyone talking about mettalic feeling, what is mettalic feeling?
    Good question. Hard to describe.
    For me the metallic feeling is like if you're hitting a piece of metal on another piece. Its vibration after the hit is very special. At the same time it feels like a hollow metal.

    Well, that's my definition of "metallic feeling". What about the other members here?

  15. #253
    Regular Member CanadianBadmint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    141
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Accordaz View Post
    Good question. Hard to describe.
    For me the metallic feeling is like if you're hitting a piece of metal on another piece. Its vibration after the hit is very special. At the same time it feels like a hollow metal.

    Well, that's my definition of "metallic feeling". What about the other members here?
    You've captured the metallic feeling in words very well! Yes, it is almost like that but it's a good vibration. Not like the vibration you get in a fake racket. You just have a better sense of the shuttle making contact with the stringbed and from that, it gives a better sense of control.

  16. #254
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    10,252
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Meh... too much focus is placed on the mx80's metallic feel, IMHO. If you pair it with a softer or medium feel string, you can always change it to whatever feel you like. As been said many times already, just don't be silly and use bg80 at over 26lbs.

  17. #255
    Regular Member CanadianBadmint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    141
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yea, truthfully, I don't think the metallic feeling of the meteors give a noticeable improvement in control. Good technique is what gives good control.

    But I just simply like the metallic feel.

Page 15 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Victor Meteor X80 3U
    By Seloon828 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 4
    : 05-10-2012, 09:14 AM
  2. FS: Victor Meteor 80 (MX80) Racket
    By eptan in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 4
    : 04-01-2012, 03:58 AM
  3. FS/FT: Victor Meteor MX-80 (MY, KL)
    By milky12388 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 10
    : 01-20-2012, 09:55 PM
  4. FT: Victor Meteor MX70 for Meteor MX80
    By kenny_eng in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 1
    : 12-20-2011, 10:24 AM
  5. Victor Meteor X70 Vs X80
    By enginius in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 20
    : 11-13-2011, 09:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •