User Tag List

Page 30 of 61 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got a MC JJS (3U) from Eric at RKEP. Very excited to try it out tonight!

I noticed that it is manufactured in China. Has this racquet always been manufactured there? My two (broken) MX 80's were made in Taiwan. Wondering if Victor is changing its production process and whether this will have any effect on quality. Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any help with the below? Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Bucsy View Post
    Hey Guys,

I have decided to buy a mx JJS. I have read thru the whole forum.
    Currently, I have only used/stick to using BG66/BG66UM/Ap62+ all this are thin strings. I have yet to use a BG80/BG80P before.

What i am asking is, can i use any of the string above? or the best setup that currently most are using are with a thicker string?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going with BG80P - matching orange colors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BG66UM also works pretty well. The yellow goes well around the orange black frame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine is strung with NBG98 - beige (or known to others as "rice") colour. Looks cool.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSOFInfinity View Post
    Mine is strung with NBG98 - beige (or known to others as "rice") colour. Looks cool.
    Haha, "rice"-color Officially it's called "gold" if I'm not mistaken.
    Back to topic: Unfortunately there's still no review between 3U und 4U of this popular racket...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picked up a MX-JJS today as a backup for my VT-80. The shaft of the JJS is definitely stiffer than the Voltric. Can't wait to try it out later tonight!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
    Picked up a MX-JJS today as a backup for my VT-80. The shaft of the JJS is definitely stiffer than the Voltric. Can't wait to try it out later tonight!
    I played with Vt80, strung with bg66UM@24lbs, for 4 months and I have got a strained shoulder. I currently play with Mx60 with zm65@25 and found it quite good and comfortable. Considering mx jjs for the extra power, however, I am worried that it is too stiff for my shoulder. What do you think of mx jjs playability (power, speed, comfort)compared to vt80? Thanks.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Compared to the Voltric it was more powerful for me but slower and less maneuverable!
    Are you playing plastic or feather?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play with feather. I play MD and my rackets are 4U.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you are using too much force...
    The JJS can produce more power than the Voltric with less effort however it is noticeably stiffer during play and I could not get my smashes to go in a steep angle!
    I picked up the TK8000 and it plays more like the Voltric!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All, which string would be great with mx jjs, az65@24 (to max power)or nanogy99@24 (to add control)?thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanus View Post
    All, which string would be great with mx jjs, az65@24 (to max power)or nanogy99@24 (to add control)?thanks.
    nanogy99 is very durable string. But not last long for its performance. if u look for pocket saving, nanogy99 is the one. Az65 is thin string, i was broke the string after played 2 games. So i suggest u try both which string suit to you.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AZ65 is Zymax 65 right? I use it and it is very durable. At least here in Brunei's climate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My time with Meteor X JJS.....
    3U,BG66 Ultimax at 24lb.

Today I had a chance to try out my MTX JJS on court for 3 hours.

Here's my report from the session,please dont flame me as as I am only a beginner to intermidite level player cum reviewer.

Warmup:

I set out on court with JJS and hit a few hit and immediately felt the stifness of the shaft and best of all the stability of the head.the new BG66 Ultimax at 24lb doesnt help matter as my clearence was struggling to reach the baseline.BUT...This is a big but...I feel that it was down to the string not broken in before this and I keep on hitting a few more overhead and drives.

GAME TIME:

Service:

From the first serve i put with the JJS,immediately felt good and accurate placement was a bonus,coming from an even blance racket user like Kason F9 I was suprise at how delicate the touch needed for the shuttle to go and placement was spot on.I was able to replicate the same serve 3 times and all three landed on the spot intended.

Net play:
    This is a strong area of the racket.the net play was really good for a head heavy racket,my net pickup barely need a small lift for it to tumble to the other side and most of the time it tumbles very close to the net until my opponent can't even put a racket edge to it,Yes,it was that close.best of all doing a cross net shot is never a problem again.I am able to pull of cross net shot as i like and when i like.

Drives:

Another stong area of this racket,because of the stability of the head that i mention above,drives are a pleasure to execute and with it some venom,its faster and accurate.

Smash:

Using my previous racket the F9 i was able to execute good smash but lacking in a bit of accuracy,the JJS fix that problem.My smash today was booming and accurate.boy did i enjoy it.

we cameback to the clearence problem i had when warming up,Its GONE...the string bed settles in and clearence from base line to base line only need a flick of the wrist and sometimes even out of bounds.My back hand shots are the surprise of the day as as easy as i am able to do a clearence,thats is also how easy it is to do a backhand shot to the baseline.

In short,the racket is amazing,and it suits my overall game.verry happy with it.for me its a keeper.

Thank you for reading and i hope this helps.
    Last edited by kodek; 04-24-2013 at 06:52 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey! Thought I'd share my experience with you guys...I have 2 jjs and broken one of them yesterday...fell sprained my ankle and it appears to be broken... /cry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how does the 3u version compare to the 4u version in terms of playablity and durability? (i know the obvious, it's faster XD) What i mean to ask is Do the shots feel the same with both of them and are they around the same in durability?

Page 30 of 61 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast