User Tag List

Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olibog View Post
    Hey Paul, congratulations on being the new endorser/coach of Victor UK!
    Anyway, if MXJJS is such a great racket with a good following why is Victor not continuing w/ it?
    They did the same with SW35... there's nothing to understand really

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not understand the reasons behind many manufacturers in badminton withdrawing a racket. i do understand that in business every product has a life cycle. Perhaps these products peaked years ago and whilst there is still a good number of fans, sales of the product have reduced to such an extent that they do not wish to make the racket anymore.

Sadly there are times when our personal choices become irrelevent because the sales figures overshadow most business decisions. And, we have to remember the supply of badminton equipment is a business. Manufacturing in small runs is generally uneconomical, resulting in higher price per racket which cannot always be passed on to the player. So, a decision is made not to make the racket unless certain quotas are reached.
    That's all I can think of.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When are you posting the review Paul?

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    I do not understand the reasons behind many manufacturers in badminton withdrawing a racket. i do understand that in business every product has a life cycle. Perhaps these products peaked years ago and whilst there is still a good number of fans, sales of the product have reduced to such an extent that they do not wish to make the racket anymore.

Sadly there are times when our personal choices become irrelevent because the sales figures overshadow most business decisions. And, we have to remember the supply of badminton equipment is a business. Manufacturing in small runs is generally uneconomical, resulting in higher price per racket which cannot always be passed on to the player. So, a decision is made not to make the racket unless certain quotas are reached.
    That's all I can think of.

Paul

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DB
    Review is written but I have Part 4 of my series on tactics to post first. I am expecting this to go live today once the final bits have been completed, however I may change it around and complete the review.
    Paul

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good stuff. I'm starting to be able to call on some serious power with the racquet now, I'm really pleased with it.

DB
    Review is written but I have Part 4 of my series on tactics to post first. I am expecting this to go live today once the final bits have been completed, however I may change it around and complete the review.
    Paul

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh and there's another thing, smash defence is effortless.

Quote Originally Posted by dbswansea View Post
    Good stuff. I'm starting to be able to call on some serious power with the racquet now, I'm really pleased with it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh and there's another thing, smash defence is effortless.
    How does it compare with your 8DX in terms of maneouvreability?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    How does it compare with your 8DX in terms of maneouvreability?
    The 8DX suited me well, the JJS may even be quicker as I've not noticed any drop in manoeuvrability. Net play is as good and in flat exchanges the racquet is easy to move into position to play the fast shots. Defending smashes with blocks to the net is fun, I was daring people to smash to me last night. It was quite demoralising for them to see their best shots being returned without effort.

For anyone who uses an 8DX, I recommend the JJS as an improvement. I'm smashing harder than almost anyone in my club with it too, that's going against Z-slashes, VT80s and Z-forces but with the added benefit of the frame speed and manoeuvrability that the ZF and VT80 racquets lack.

It is a serious weapon in my hands, I'm ordering another soon.
    Last edited by dbswansea; 09-20-2013 at 07:37 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 8DX suited me well, the JJS may even be quicker as I've not noticed any drop in manoeuvrability. Net play is as good and in flat exchanges the racquet is easy to move into position to play the fast shots. Defending smashes with blocks to the net is fun, I was daring people to smash to me last night. It was quite demoralising for them to see their best shots being returned without effort.

For anyone who uses an 8DX, I recommend the JJS as an improvement. I'm smashing harder than almost anyone in my club with it too, that's going against Z-slashes, VT80s and Z-forces but with the added benefit of the frame speed and manoeuvrability that those racquets lack.

It is a serious weapon in my hands, I'm ordering another soon.
    It's posts like that that gets me into trouble with the missus. lol

I'm currently using BS10 and BS11 which are faster than my 8DX but don't quite have that solid feel. The BP of the 10 and 11 is probably 5mm lower than my 8DXs making them incredibly maneouvreable which is my main requirement.

I've read some posts saying that the JJS is quite head heavy - which put me off, but if you're saying it's not that bad, then I might consider one before they're discontinued.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's only a bit more weight in the head than the 8DX. The weight seems to be in the lower part of the head so it really feels solid and stable.

Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    It's posts like that that gets me into trouble with the missus. lol

I'm currently using BS10 and BS11 which are faster than my 8DX but don't quite have that solid feel. The BP of the 10 and 11 is probably 5mm lower than my 8DXs making them incredibly maneouvreable which is my main requirement.

I've read some posts saying that the JJS is quite head heavy - which put me off, but if you're saying it's not that bad, then I might consider one before they're discontinued.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was very humbled to be asked to read over Paul's review of the racquet a few weeks ago, he agrees with me. I'm very glad to have opted for the JJS over the LYD or Arc11 which were my other options. I've recently played with the Arc11 and was quite happy giving it back to it's owner.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My review is now live!

Thanks for the comments DB. I think that must be a case of great minds think alike!

Paul

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The real question is, have you made your choice yet?

My review is now live!

Thanks for the comments DB. I think that must be a case of great minds think alike!

Paul

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DB

I have to wait for MX90 and TK6000 to arrive. It's true that JJS will be withdrawn next year when stocks run out. This means I have to consider which racket to use although would love to select JJS.

It makes sense for me to use what will be available next season so i am stuck. I'm just about to test JJS with 880 string to get a feel for this combination.

I now have to hope MX90 plays similar to JJS.

Paul

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul, very nice review and many thanks that you are still reviewing rackets. As a sponsored player, what is your opinion in terms of QC when it comes to specs of rackets from Victor? Don't get me wrong. Victor rackets are really high quality but in the past they were lacking in terms of weight an balance point. I'm an old school guy and love my SW35's, BS10's and MX80's but it was a struggle to get equal ones. Today, what's your opinion about their QC? Does it improved?
    Last edited by ucantseeme; 09-20-2013 at 11:26 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is an interesting question.

So far I have picked up numerous Victor rackets and haven't noticed a variation in terms of feel or spec.
    Having read a number of older posts, it would seem historically there have been issues regards changes in spec, etc which has caused all kinds of problems for players. This isn't good and shouldn't happen. I heard there had been changes in manudfacture from Taiwan and China but I don't know the real story.
    With any manfacturer they make within tolerances. Finding a matching pair of rackets is never easy although generally they can be pretty close.

If I find there are issues with huge variances in spec then I will be the first to express my concern. So far I haven't experienced this. I used three different JJS Meteors last weekend and they all felt the same. I've done with numerous LYD rackets without an issue.

I also have to say how impressed I was with Victor Champion Gold shuttle which I used at Lilleshall last weekend. Super quality and consistency.

For me to have a credible reputation i will always tell you what I think, good or bad. Also, if I review a racket and don't like it, I will tell you. It's important to me that players can trust my judgement. regardless of who i am sponsored by I will give honest opinions.

It's also important to remember that no sponsor controls my website and what I say on it. They have on influence whatsoever. I choose who advertises and if i don't like a product they cannot buy their way onto my website as I reject them.

Paul

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd also agree with Paul's review, although I have had slightly worse experience when it comes to matching rackets. I've had/got 4 mx60s. I haven't played with one, but the others were all different - one of them significantly so. The two jjs I have are significantly different too.

Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast