User Tag List

Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 LastLast
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    Mark

It's great to know that you understand my dilemma here. There's something but can't quite work out what.

For you perhaps there's the G5 grip on MX90 versus G4 as I know you prefer G5. Maybe it's the slightly thinnner shaft on MX90. Maybe there's something in the graphene on JJS which creates a different feel.

What we can agree on is that they are both superb rackets. I just wish I could understand and explain the difference.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

PS At least i know I can complete my review and not feel inadequate!
    Every time I start with "the MX90 feels more...", the required word won't come out.

I do think the MX90 has slightly better feel, but I don't think that explains everything that's going on...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those people who still looking for JJS , only a few pieces left in Singapore, can contact Chris in Singapore..

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The comparison I'm most interested in is actually 3U MX80 verses 3U MX90. We know the MX80 is very popular amongst pros AND amateurs. The only negative reviews/aspects of the MX80 are due to it being too stiff or demanding thus causing injury etc (which I really don't understand and have repeatedly stated my lack of understanding hehe - I'm not a fitness freak by any stretch of the imagination and yet I can handle the MX80 fine). But even those who claim they got injured with it etc actually enjoyed using it (when they were not injured). And despite Victor's strange marketing, they haven't got rid of the MX80 in their sales line-up.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mark/Paul, I'm sure the differences can be highlighted by comparing how the rackets (mx90-jjs) perform in different shots/situations of the game. The difference in shaft stiffness might be quite major as mx90 falls between mx80 and mx70 and jjs is less stiff than mx70.
    For me, the large sweet spot plus the extra flexibility of the jjs meant I could do things that I couldn't with the mx70, like excellent backhand drive returns.
    I wasn't aware mx jjs won't be available in uk in the new year, this is very disappointing and perhaps the comparison mx90-jjs now becomes rather pointless. Hope to get a second jjs before Christmas. Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Paul,
    What would say of the shaft stiffness between TK6000 and MX60?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bro Meteor, If you still interested in MX JJS , Its still selling under Chris Singapore , you can search under Elink Sports.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forumer - I haven't used MX60 since I reviewed it a year or so ago. I test so many rackets I cannot remember.

TK6000 is a 3/5 stiffness which is the same spec as MX60 from memory. However I don't know the difference in shaft thickness which affects where the shaft bends. All i do know is that TK6000 is an amazing racket and deserves more credibility in the market.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have 2 MX JJS rackets, one sourced new from EU and another used from Australia. Both are genuine but when i compared them to each other side by side, i noticed a couple of differences.
    Firstly, the carbon paint effect on the racket head, my EU one is glossy like the rest of the orange paint work but on the other one it is matte and when you run your finger around the racket head you can feel the difference from the glossy orange to the matte carbon. I took pics of both but you can't see any difference from the photos.
    Secondly, on the top of the shaft where it joins the head, EU racket has MaganGraphen printed on it whilst the Aus one has Graphene Reinforced as you can see here:

So l'm just wondering why it has these minor differences? Is it because they were made in different countries or for different countries? Or maybe because one is slightly newer and they changed it?
    What do you think and fellow JJS owners, which one do you have?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

String broke on my JJS today halfway through a match. Is it bad that I'd rather take a few days off playing rather than going back to my now dull feeling 8DX whilst it's being restrung?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bbcboy View Post
    I have 2 MX JJS rackets, one sourced new from EU and another used from Australia. Both are genuine but when i compared them to each other side by side, i noticed a couple of differences.
    Firstly, the carbon paint effect on the racket head, my EU one is glossy like the rest of the orange paint work but on the other one it is matte and when you run your finger around the racket head you can feel the difference from the glossy orange to the matte carbon. I took pics of both but you can't see any difference from the photos.
    Secondly, on the top of the shaft where it joins the head, EU racket has MaganGraphen printed on it whilst the Aus one has Graphene Reinforced as you can see here:

So l'm just wondering why it has these minor differences? Is it because they were made in different countries or for different countries? Or maybe because one is slightly newer and they changed it?
    What do you think and fellow JJS owners, which one do you have?
    Graphene is a trademarked name in EU. So Victor had to change it to something else just for that region.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, i see, thanks.

But what about the different finish on the orange paint to the carbon effect?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe different country code different quality.. Yeah..

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bbcboy View Post
    Ah, i see, thanks.

But what about the different finish on the orange paint to the carbon effect?
    Depends...for example some JJS are more orange and some more reddish. Also all the 2013 JJS models have the new grip sizing. G4,G5 etc and the 2012 ones had the G3,G2 sizing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, the AUS one is probably an older model then as it had the old grip sizing…. so i guess they finished the carbon effect part with a matte finish then and changed it to a lacquered finish on newer models.
    Cool, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The carbon effect finishing difference is due to production run change.
    First batch of MX JJS has matte finishing while the later has some coating on it
    I've seen both version for MYR code some believe the matte version is more rare hahaha

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jae sung is still playing , his monster smash seem not there anymore.. And not using his JJS!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome. I don't know what that was but I enjoyed it.