Forgotten Malaysian players...where are they now?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by **KZ**, May 18, 2012.

1. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    Through the course of history we've had many players who shone for a while and then just disappeared...Lee Tsuen Seng, Yeoh Kay Bin, Lin Woon Fui etc....where are they now? Lee Tsuen Seng did quite well when he was young...but all went downhill for him...also..where is Roslin Hashim now?

#1 **KZ**, May 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  2. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Another one is Yong Hock Kin, who was also performed well in international tournaments but went disappeared after some incidence in his kampung and family........

3. shahkiz

shahkiz Regular Member

Student
    Lee Tsuan Seng and Yeoh Kay Bin still active in badminton.Playing in local tournament with other state player and advance player =)

4. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    i often wonder....we have a lot of world junior champs in mens doubles...but sometimes they just disappear...jeremy gan used to/is still coaching at BAM...used to be world junior champ with chan chong ming...why did he not play professionally? odd...

5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Yeoh Bay Bin joined K Yogendran to open Training Center. He still plays off and on. Yeoh's younger bro(also Yeoh Kay ....) is playing as independent. Roslin Hashim is assistant coach in BAM, since 2011, assisting Hendrawan.
    Jeremy Gan I think has asthma or sinus problem, so I suppose hard for him to play on.
    Lin Woon Fui, no idea, he retired and married Delia Arnold, Msia's squash player

6. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    woo...lin married delia arnold? interesting piece of news...

7. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

8. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

you can find yeoh kay bin and yogendran every sunday (amongst other days) at new vision badminton academy in PJ .. coaching. .very much in the badminton sphere still

9. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    that's interesting...I wonder then what Lin himself is doing....he used to be a capable player...I remembered few years ago when Zakry/Fairuz and LWF/GTC and OSH/TBS were still in the national team....we pretty much had 5 world class MD pairs...LWF must be doing coaching now...any ideas on Zakry/Fairuz? playing independently?

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    really,then they must have doing well against cai/fu ,kido/hendra or hwang/lee???

11. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

there is also a guy call tan chun seang, and he only plays small tournaments in the europe nowadays, although he still spend most of his time gambling with other malaysian national players

12. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    that's what get him kicked off

13. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

nope that isnt why... he ask to leave BAM because he is not able to participate in tournaments that he can win, but ask to participate in tournaments he dont like, not even when he is willing to fork out his own money

14. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Okay allow me to make some comments on this mixed doubles player named Lai Pei Jing. I am actually very impressed with her style of play. She is still very young but she has a very good skills at the court. This actually helped her to win over opponents which are higher ranked than her. I still remembered the epic moments whereby she toppled some of the higher ranked Indonesian and Thailand mixed doubles players. She is still very young. She is named the lady of steel or iron lady. She can play very well despite who she is partnered with. Despite not playing with Tan Aik Quan for one year, and recently only played again with Tan Aik Quan, her ranking rose up to 56 again last week. I believe her ranking will rise up again this week after the tournament. She partners Chan Peng Soon for a while last year and despite being a new pair playing together their ranking are as high as no 28 before. Well, I must say I am really impressed with her. :)

15. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    Lin Woon Fui seems to be listed in the MD qualification section of Malaysian Open. I'm sure he's still got the goods to get past a few rounds...

16. Lau Kok Wei

Lau Kok Wei Regular Member

Mak Hee Chun has apparently joined the Hong Kong team. He is scheduled to play in Thailand Open next mth partnering Yeung Shing Choi. Happy for him as i have always thought that he was mentally destroyed by BAM who kept changing his partners.

17. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    that's good for him, when he become WJC, tan wee kiong & goh v shem was not as good as him

18. zatoino

zatoino Regular Member

Mak Hee Chun has become another Malaysian join another country's national team after the Loh brothers who went to represent Singapore national players...

19. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Mak's official employment status is that of a training/sparring partner for the HK team. So I guess he has entered a tournament to help his partner gain experience.

Lin Woon Fui runs a badminton academy somewhere in PJ - well that's what he told me.

20. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    lin woon fui and mohd faruzizuan tazari have a decently good record against Cai/Fu. In fact quite a few pairs from Malaysia had decent records against them.