SHB 102 LTD or SHB F1 LTD/Normal

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Jonster, May 20, 2012.

1. Jonster

Jonster Regular Member

University Student
    Hey,

I am debating whether to get the SHB 102 LTD (Red), or the SHB F1 Normal or the LTD Olympic edition. While I like all three of the colours, that is definitely not my main concern.

I currently use the SHB 85s and while they are comfortable I feel a lack of stability. I recently threw away my SHB 100 LTD and SHB 101s because of wear-and-tear and maybe this is in my head but I feel slightly more stable when moving.

The SHB 102 utilizes the lateral claw which will probably give me that stability factor. While the lateral claw or my sub-conscious reacting to the lateral claw's marketed abilities seem to comfort me, it is not like I do not feel safe wearing my current SHB 85s. The SHB F1's marketed pro is its lightness. My friend who previously used SHB 101s has switched tot he SHB F1 and was able to distinguish the light-weight design. I assume the amount it helps may be more in the head though.

I'd probably only use the new shoes I buy for a day a week during the summer. Depending on the wear-and-tear of the SHB 85s as I will be training 3-4 days a week with them during the summer I may have to throw them out at the end of the summer. If I do, I'd be wearing the new shoes for varsity practice 5-6 days a week during the school year so definitely a lot more usage. Money for shoes is not of great factor to me, if I need to buy new shoes I will, if I don't need to buy shoes I probably still will buy them. With that being said, it is still good to use the shoes to their worth/use. I guess I'm looking for durability and stability overall but not counting out lightness and comfort.

What do you think I should go for?

2. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

Yonex differentiate the specs of 102 Ltd for full support and stability shoes vs. F1 Ltd for lightweight shoes.

If you examine Yonex Catalogue 2012, Yonex applies almost all of its latest development in shoes R&D (features and techs) for SHB 102 Ltd. Whilst F1 Ltd is dedicated for user who prefers lightweight shoes, which applies some portion of Yonex's features and techs in its shoes.

Consequently, the pricing for SHB F1Ltd is cheaper compared to SHB 102 Ltd.

If you prefer for durability and stability, then go for SHB 102 Ltd. :D

cmiiw & imho

3. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

Yeah I've heard that 102Ltd is better for stability, F1's just light.

Have you considered the SH9000Ace from Victor? According to reviews it's a much better shoe than both. Throw in some nice aftermarket insoles like the Spenco Polysorb Total Supports and they should be amazing.

4. Jonster

Jonster Regular Member

University Student
    I saw the Victor 9000 ACE and not only do they look incredible but apparently they are light and I assume their adapted lateral claw should add stability?

The only deal-breaker is I do not know where to pick up a pair oversees from a reputable dealer or in Canada for that matter.

5. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

PM "Squash Eric" on this forum, he'll help you out.

6. HKlocal

HKlocal New Member

SHB F1 LTD. Lovely soe. I got mine yesterday.

Enjoy it forr what it is, I is no pro and not wannabe either.

7. Sevex

Sevex Regular Member

Academia, CFD/ wind engineering
    Another thing you should consider is which one will fit well! The SHB F1 is too narrow for my feet, so I have no choice but to wear the SHB102's. In fact they are the only current Yonex shoe that come close to fitting well. Shame they have no really wide designs at the moment.

However if you have "normal" feet I guess this isn't a concern.

I find the SHB102's to be a very nice shoe, stable with a nice amount of cushioning.

8. HKlocal

HKlocal New Member

I played in my F1s this morning. New shoe syndrome, my feet hurt. But that will be until I break them in properly.