Need help finding a new racquet

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by uglydewey, May 22, 2012.

1. uglydewey

uglydewey Regular Member

Student
    Hi,

I am currently trying to find a new racquet, and I'm currently using the BS LYD 2011/2012 model.

It's okay, but the grip itself is pretty small, so I'm using an overgrip.

My dad use it better than I do, so I'm thinking of purchasing another racquet, does anyone recommend using APACS?

It's relatively cheap here, but I'm not sure if they are a good brand.

Another couple of racquets being sold here are

Armortec 700
    Armortec 600

Both for around $160.

Arcsaber 10

I'm just looking for a relatively light racquet with a heavy head. I like something with a lot of control and a nice snap. I play provincials for my school team, so I'm just looking for something to use.

Any recommendations? I'm actually up for anything. There is a near-by store call Tads that will let me rent racquets to try, plus I bought a lot of stuff from there so I have some sort of discount.

Thanks,

If you are in the GREATER VANCOUVER DISTRICT, call me up sometime so we can play.

604 779 4179

2. Soybean

Soybean Regular Member

The Arcsaber 10 is a very good all rounder. It does everything but doesn't specialize in particular fields of play. Both the Armortec 700 and Arcsaber 10 are used by world players, majority being singles play.

The Arc10 is more medium balanced while the Armortec is more head heavy, it depends which one you prefer as both are very good rackets.