Yonex Muscle Power 27 Light string

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by chethant, May 23, 2012.

1. chethant

chethant Regular Member

engineer
    Hi,

I have a Yonex Muscle Power 27 Light factory strung racquet.I would like to change the strings.Kindly suggest options of strings compatible for this racquet.I am an all-round player and play for more than 12 hours a week

2. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

Any string is "compatible" unless it's a tennis string and can't fit into the grommets or something.. Just choose a string that you like! If you don't have a preference, then BG80 is a good start.

3. chethant

chethant Regular Member

engineer
    Hello Blue Tornado

What i meant about compatibility was that i have heard some strings and tension are not suitable for certain racquets as the frame wont stand the tension.Just wanted to know if there is anything like that regarding MP 29 light racquet....I shall try BG80 as you have suggested..Thank you

4. BlueTornado

If you're worried about damaging the frame, just don't string with too thin a string (so BG80 is good) and string within the recommended tension as written on the racket. And use a good stringer ;)

5. chethant

chethant Regular Member

engineer
    oh okie...where can i find the recommended tension on the racket? ...i am new to this game and only recently have i purchased this racket..

6. BlueTornado

It should be written on the cone of the racket, above the handle. It will be a range of numbers, probably 20-24 lbs.

However, if you are new to playing badminton, then I would suggest stringing at about 20-21 pounds (9-9,5 kg) and using BG65 string instead, since it's softer and will be easier to use when you're starting out.

7. chethant

chethant Regular Member

engineer
    i shall check my racket for the same.Even my racket supplier suggested he would redo the current strings with BG65.So i think i will go ahead with BG65.Thnx :) :)
    So in how much time do u think i can advance to using BG 80 or any other string?

8. BlueTornado

I wouldn't be able to give you a definitive amount of time, but when your technique is better and you start to think that your shots are not as precise as you want them to be despite your technique being good enough, then it's time to a) increase your tension and/or b) change to a string with better feel such as BG80.

9. chethant

chethant Regular Member

engineer
    Point noted.I will play regularly and improve as much as i can and then experiment with different strings and tensions.Let me get the technique right first.