ArcSaber 10 - Which Version?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by R20190, May 25, 2012.

1. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Hi Guys,

I'm on holiday in HK at the moment and wasn't intending to buy a racquet as I've been quite happy with my ArcSaber 8DX although I would have liked a little more power from it.

Anyway walking around town I came across a sports shop and thought I'd have a look around. I was surprised to see there are now 3-4 versions of the Arc 10.

I saw the conventional red, the black/gold 2012 premium and the white Pater Gade one but was told there is one other limited edition one. I've not used the Arc10 before but have been told it is quite similar to the 8DX so I'm contemplating getting one.

I don't know if there's any difference between the different colours but would appreciate some advice on which one I should get. I like stiff even balanced racquets like the 8DX with good anti-torque abilities for off-centre shots/large sweet-spot. Also, for info, I string to 27-28lb.

At the moment, I think the white Peter Gade version is quite nice although the original is not too bad, I'm not so keen on the gold/black colour scheme though.

Question really is, are there any differences between the versions - if so what are the differences and also whether the Arc 10 is worth considering for my needs or shall I just stick with the 8DX?

Many thanks

:)

2. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

The Arc 10 is basically like the 8DX but less stiff. There might be some minute differences in stiffness between the versions but there doesn't seem to be any definitive conclusion from what I've seen.

If you feel that the 8DX is too stiff, then the Arc 10 or Meteor X70 would be good choices. If you want something more powerful than the 8DX and about as stiff or slightly stiffer, then get the MX80.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    just to point out that there is a ArcSaber Limited Edition as you mentioned, but it is based on the ARC7 and not the ARC10.

so really for ARC10 and variations, there are only:

Arcsaber 10 (regular, red)
    Arcsaber 10 Peter Gade Limited (white)
    Arcsaber 10 Premium (black)

4. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Yep, it's called Arcsaber 100 LTD. It's a pretty racket, btw ;)

5. johnlowe88

johnlowe88 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    Hi,

As a matter of fact, I received a Arcsaber 10 on Friday for restringing. This one has no separate cone as such - I suppose that this is likely to be a fake, but here is a photo of the shaft and cone, while on my machine. By the way, if the handle is placed such that the yonex logo on the butt is facing the right way, shouldn't the serial numbers be on the right? In this case the serial numbers are on the left.

-John

Attached Files:

6. crazyfreak

crazyfreak Regular Member

Definitely a fake one John, i've never seen a one piece arc saber 10 before. LOL Check the cone for it's manufacturing date, the fake ones usually have odd dates like the 351690 which would mean date: 35th month: 16 year 2009. Plus some of the cheaper fake ones bend at higher tensions because of a weak frame. I've seen a chinese dude's arc 10 bend in half after restringing at 25 pounds. XD

7. BlueTornado

No, if the cone said 351690XX then that'd be 35th day 16th month 2009.

8. BlueTornado

Also, the racket is definitely a fake, although this is hardly the place for it..

9. johnlowe88

johnlowe88 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    I understand. It appeared to be a fake because the cone is not separate and hence what use is having two serial numbers? :=)

10. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Just to follow up on this thread - I ended up getting the white Peter Gade version with BG80 strung at 27lb. I haven't had the chance to play with it yet but first impressions bouncing the shuttle around at home is a tad disappointing.

The balance felt right, but as someone said it is not as stiff as an 8DX which is quite noticeable and the sweetspot feels much smaller. It doesn't feel as forgiving on off-centre shots and the sweetspot felt a lot lower than an 8DX which I'm not used to - probably due to the slim head. Having said that, I haven't played with this properly so I'll reserve proper judgement until I have.

11. BlueTornado

Yeah, that too :rolleyes:

12. BlueTornado

Yes, the PG is a repaint Arc10 which is less stiff than the 8DX.

Really? I didn't think that the Arc10 had a slim head?

13. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    Arcsaber 10 (regular, red)
    Arcsaber 10 Peter Gade Limited (white)
    Arcsaber 10 Premium (black)

how do the racket shatf diameter, stiffness and head heavy rank among these 3 versions?

14. Swiftlegend

Swiftlegend Regular Member

Student
    They should all be the same.

15. BlueTornado

I'm pretty sure they are all the same. Any differences in stiffness, head heaviness, weight, etc. are just going to be from manufacturing variation.

16. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    I don't think there is differences between those three..
    however if I should choose one, I would either go for PG or premium version, it looks much cooler than the original red version

17. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I've not compared it with my 8DX or other racquets but it does say "slim head" on the top of the frame. It probably not very much, i.e. not as much as a Z-slash but probably slimmer than the average isometric head.

18. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Don't underestimate the standard edition in red. It looks nice in real.

In my opinion the Arc10 is absolutely normal shaped if not bigger than usual. Compared to my two victor rackets (sw37 and bs lyd) the Arc10's head is bigger.

Arcsaber 10 has a really big sweetpot, which makes it easy or easier to play.
    The only thing to adapt is its stiffness. It's special in its own way, imho.

19. BlueTornado

Oh, no I think that means that the frame is slimmer so that it's more aerodynamic and can swing faster. IIRC the 8DX says the same thing.