BWF new corporate logo

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by kwun, May 26, 2012.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    not bad. more modern look but i am not 100% on the font. but still, way way better than the old one which looked it like it was designed by a high school art student.

[video=youtube;1ZUmUeANy5c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZUmUeANy5c&feature=g-u-u[/video]

2. Pizza Fish

Pizza Fish Regular Member

the symbol even looks somewhat like a shuttlecock as well , if anyone else has noticed.

3. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    The motto : Modern, Strong, Efficient? Strong? I don't think so.

4. visor

visor Regular Member

Lol... isn't that kinda obvious? ;).

But it's pretty well done how it fits into the OSIM and other series logos.

5. visor

visor Regular Member

Dude... that's not the BWF motto... that's only the keywords used to describe the new logo in that video.

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    According to the description of the promo video of the "Corporate Logo", they are the "anchoring principles." Pretty high-faultin' stuff. Now remains just the small matter of BWF delivering on these "anchoring principles"...:rolleyes:

But back to the Logo...

You call that a good logo????
    And a good symbol design??????
    Dude, the aircraft crashed. What you see is the remains of the tail section.
    Maybe it's a weather vane.
    Or maybe its a directional sign. This way to the nearest exit...

Come to think of it, the logo looks like just one element of the Osim logo, as cleverly demonstrated in the video itself at 0:12 onwards. Could it be that Osim actually designed the logo for BWF?

"BWF. A division of OSIM."

The BWF website however, still sports the old logo.... some things never change... nice demonstration of "corporate" principles, coordination and stuff...

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    normally, a new logo will come with a newly designed website to complement it. i guess someone didn't get the memo.

or they need to use that logo in the TC/UC and didn't finish the website revamp.

8. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

A logo is just a logo. Whatever. You can't impress everyone.

The best minds in these companies aren't the ones that come up with the graphics; the real geniuses are the ones who come up with the prettily-worded gibberish that can convince a client that a red, rounded triangle with three letters inside is a re-branding worth $1 million in fees.

9. Staiger1

Staiger1 Regular Member

Fashion designer
    WTF , the slogan of ''Badminton is for you !'' makes no sense at all , hows that phase related to BWF. The logo looks like it been designed by a 5 yrs old. It is neither unique nor eye-catching . The marketing team at the BWF is a shamble ! This is not how you going to promote the game.

fluorescent green feather shuttles for tournaments would be a slightly better idea , lol

10. Tadashi

Tadashi Regular Member

AE278BB6CBB7487C0FF7AE706177CDE2E45AC583 is my dig
    I guess they looked at the ATP World Tour logo and thought "ridiculous" to depict a player, then striked the player from the list of things and so they end up with an italic three-letter acronym and a sillouette. The latter part wasn't too hard. The typo was trickier.

I guess the logo stands out in the clutter and crowd of other familiar badminton logos, like the RSL, the V, the YY, the F or the W from Victor, Yonex, Forza and Wilson (what is the logo of Li Ning?)=.

11. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I like the new logo. It is simple and to the point. It has one strong, primary colour that easily highlights the word BWF. Best of all it looks contemporary.

12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    It looks like my pancake spatula after the handle flew off...

13. madbad

madbad Regular Member

You never know how the folks at BWF come up with ideas... :D

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i actually think the logo is alright.

in fact, the more simple the logo, the harder it is to design it.

15. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

That is Confucius profound. :cool:

That is Potsie profound. :rolleyes:

16. CantSmashThis

CantSmashThis Regular Member

The logo should be a person jump smashing imo. Kinda like the NBA logo has Jerry West.

17. madbad

madbad Regular Member

That's too 70s I think. I say let this one have a good run and see how it stacks up.

18. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    BWF rebrand and launch new logo: Modern, Strong, Efficient

[h=2]BWF NEW CORPORATE LOGO[/h][h=3][/h]Saturday, May 26, 2012 - Badminton World Federation

Modern, strong, efficient - the Badminton World Federation (BWF) have launched its new corporate logo with these anchoring principles which symbolises the direction the Federation is taking the sport towards.

'Facelift' is the underlying theme in Wuhan where the 2012 Citroen BWF Thomas and Uber Cups Finals and the BWF Members Forum and Annual General Meeting are concurrently held.

Following the launch of the new BWF technical officials' attire sponsored by Doublestar at the Finals this week, the new BWF logo is unveiled today by the BWF President, Dr Kang Young Joong, at the 2nd BWF Members Forum.

Six years ago, the BWF have changed its name from International Badminton Federation to the Badminton World Federation. Then in 2007, the BWF launched a new logo depicting the new name.

At the BWF Annual General Meeting in Wuhan, a new 5-year strategic plan (2012-2016) for the sport was shared with the BWF Council, Members and observers who attended.

BWF President Dr Kang Young Joong said: "After working hard for the past five years and with an eye looking ahead to a more prosperous and stable future, that we have launched the new strategic plan to give all of us a clear guide to all our stakeholders on the direction, mission and vision of badminton safely through the next Olympic cycle."

"The plan is both dynamic and ambitious - it sets out the goals and directions that we want to take, together as a family, to develop badminton to the next level," Dr Kang added. "It is therefore timely to launch a new BWF brand identity that personifies the stability, ambition and synergy on BWF’s striving against higher goals – just like our athletes who have dedicated their lives to improve their skills and set higher goals for themselves."

Dr Kang concluded: "Mindful of the experiences of the past and lessons of the present, I am excited about the future and I seek the support of all the Member Associations to raise the standards that we set ourselves and embrace the challenges ahead of us. And the launch of our new logo is just one of many steps in that direction."

(To me, the new logo is like a ballistic missile, swift, powerful but dangerous if directed at the wrong target. :D

But it is certainly streamlined and goal-oriented and not muddle-headed as the old logo projected.

The letters could be smaller, better proportioned and patterned like a shuttle in line with the logo. The starting point of the letter 'B' should be placed further out to allow the shape of the cork to stand out more. I somewhat like the curved edges which soften the letters, just like the feathers of a shuttlecock.)

Attached Files:

#18 Loh, May 29, 2012
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
  19. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

#doublelogofail :D. Italic photoshop font in a red cone facing the wrong way and a Nike rip-off logo for their new attire sponsor :rolleyes: ... Welcome to Asia :p

I recognize that font from something, maybe have played with it myself before [​IMG]. Just look at the BWF website now, le horror ([​IMG]let's do red on red!). I mean it was acceptable as "corporate" logo integrated into the other ones but on it's own .... jeez.

#19 demolidor, May 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 30, 2012
  20. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

The thread title got me all excited that they'd be going back to their proper name - IBF. Oh well...

(I still call Starburst "Opal Fruits" and Snickers "Marathon", by the way;)).