Towel grips

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by shaun, Mar 31, 2001.

1. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    Has anyone ever used these? are they any good?
    and do u put these over existing or do u take off ur old grip and replace it witha towel grip?

2. mongoose

mongoose Regular Member

I use yellow towel grip on all my rackets. I always remove the original grip first so as not to get the grip size too big. As I'm a doubles player, I fix the grip on my rackets all the way up to almost the shaft (like Sigit Budiarto/Candra Wijaya) so that I can grip my racket higher when I'm serving (for more control). I use towel grips cos' they are not tacky like the others. I want to be able to change my grip fast during quick exchanges so I don't like those sticky grips.

3. Allen

Allen Guest

I've used towel grips and and at first, it's pretty comfortable but then they get pretty gross and disgusting. I also made the mistake of putting it over my original grip, cuz when i took off the towel grip, it left sticky residue on the original grip. Plus it was extremely difficult to remove. After 2 or 3 weeks of use, the towel grip starts to get moist and sticky. At 6 bucks a pop, it's just not worth it.

4. May

May Guest

Dunno, I think it is very unhygienic.

5. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    do your hands really sweat that much???

If your hands sweat a lot, and you like the fuzzy feel of a nice towel... go right ahead. :)

6. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    you mean unsanitary....

:)

7. Mark

Mark Guest

I always had problems of slippery grips but use toweling grips now which are brilliant. I have two normal grips on my handle then a toweling grip on top, but thats just personal preferance. As for the cost, I can buy 3 towel grips for the price of a normal grip, so I change them more regularly than I would with a normal grip. When the grip starts to ball-up its time to change before the blisters set in. I cant see the problem of leaving sticky patches under the grip, after all you dont touch that bit? It helps stick the new one!

8. May

May Guest

Re: you mean unsanitary....

Smth lyk that. My algebra is better than my English, and that says a lot.