Why tension of Yonex Bg65 loose faster compare to other strings ?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by tjiew, May 29, 2012.

1. tjiew

tjiew Regular Member

Business Analyst
    I have used yonex bg65 for the past two years and I found that it's tension loose faster compare to (for ex: bg6, bg66, etc.) My string tension is 30lbs. The reason I used bg65 is due to cost and durability of the string. Before I use bg65, I used bg66 or bg6. So what is the reason, and if I string more than 32lbs is it loose faster ?

2. visor

visor Regular Member

That's just the way the core material is in certain strings. If you really like using bg65, you gotta prestretch it majorly.

3. tjiew

tjiew Regular Member

Business Analyst
    Thanks visors.
    How about other's opinion ?

4. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Hello sir, good to know another player who likes BG65 :)

Personally I would use at least 10% prestretch when stringing BG65. But even then you might still have a loss of 1-2lbs after a week or so of playing.

So what I do now is I set a minimum tension I like with BG65 and adjust to playing at slightly higher tension. For example my lowest BG65 tension is 31lbs so I would string and play at 33lbs with 10% prestretch and when I am about to change string the final tension will be at least something above 31lbs.

Hope this helps.

5. tjiew

tjiew Regular Member

Business Analyst
    Thanks Blitzzards,
    Please don't call me a sir, I am just 23 years old. I played badminton since I was 12 years old :). The best thing about yonex bg65 are with 30lbs(my tension) it can last more than 6 months and it is suitable for defensive player (player who likes to lob, drop and clear the shuttle) and old players who don't really have enough power. So it doesn't matter if the tension loose, you can still do very good in lob, drop and clear. The problem here is I am an offensive player who likes to smash and netting a lot. So I really hate when the strings last more than 6 months. Perhaps I will try to string with 32-33lbs tension so that the string couldn't last more than 6 months. Hihi

6. texin7

texin7 Regular Member

student
    people tend to use bg65 for its durability..if u don't want it to last that long, why use it at the 1st place. use something like bg80 or even bg66...

7. visor

visor Regular Member

as mentioned above, if you say you're an offensive player, you should try other strings like bg80 or even zymax 65 which has excellent repulsion and excellent tension retention

bg65 is just too soft feeling for power or precision