User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wish our badminton world players can earn at least half of the amount top ranking world tennis players earn.

And please can someone tell stupid western australian badminton association to take advantage and be appreciative of Zhang Ai Ling's presence!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you ever noticed that in tennis,
    if the ball is too far away the players won't bother to run to it most of the time? Or that they almost always hit the ball straight back to the opposing player rather than across the court?

WHY!!?? Do these pros not want to win??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by bigredlemon
    Have you ever noticed that in tennis,
    if the ball is too far away the players won't bother to run to it most of the time? Or that they almost always hit the ball straight back to the opposing player rather than across the court?

WHY!!?? Do these pros not want to win??
    Well, in badminton you can 'dive' so that you don't run the risk of injuring yourself while chasing shuttle/ball, but in tenis you can't really do that. Number two, if you know you won't be able to chase it and even if you do your return will be crap and probably get smashed right away, might as well leave it. Number three, badminton court is not as big as tennis, hence the more steps you need to take to chase the ball. Number four, which I think is the most important, is foot work combine with the size of the court. You can't slide in badminton court but you can dive to save a ball when desperate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There you have it, badrad! But this one was taken in Singapore instead of Birmingham. There's two more at Ralphy's website, but this one makes her look majestic!

Really nice picture though.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by protomedea
    You can't slide in badminton court but you can dive to save a ball when desperate.
    Wth? My home court is so slippery for a while when going to front or side courts I had two or three inches slide developed into my technique ;P Of course when I started playing on good courts I had to change my technique a little.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Pecheur
    Wth? My home court is so slippery for a while when going to front or side courts I had two or three inches slide developed into my technique ;P Of course when I started playing on good courts I had to change my technique a little.
    Well I change my sentence to: You can slide if the court allows you to do so. That reminds me when I first started training long time ago. The court was also slippery and I developed the same sliding technique

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by wilfredlgf
    There you have it, badrad! But this one was taken in Singapore instead of Birmingham. There's two more at Ralphy's website, but this one makes her look majestic!

Really nice picture though.
    Ahhh.... Dressed to kill, and looks to match, Nice pix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

forum
    Quote Originally Posted by wilfredlgf
    5. You have a second chance to serve in tennis if the first done is a fault. You only serve once in badminton unless you play doubles.
    ).
    well what do u mean!!?? if we r playing doubles...we have a second chance!!?!?!?plz explain...or give link to rules...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Furqan
    forum well what do u mean!!?? if we r playing doubles...we have a second chance!!?!?!?plz explain...or give link to rules...
    We are talking about singles / individuals.

In tennis, if the 1st serve is a fault, u get the 2nd one for free. In badminton, if the serve is a fault, either u give the serve right to opponent (single, or u r the 2nd person in double team to serve), or ur partner (if u r the 1st person in double team to serve).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2