Just a wild guess

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by AlanY, May 31, 2012.

1. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

On 21st June 2012

Team China will have the;

Men team world champion - Thomas Cup
    Women team world champion - Uber Cup
    Mixed team world champion - Sudirman Cup
    Five individual world champions, and
    Five individual world number 1.

All at the same time.

2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

In other words, complete and utter domination of the sport. Just need 5 Olympic gold medals to complete the whole set. :)

3. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Unlikely to happen, 5 Olympic golds for China is too unrealistic...but! that happens, then the Chinese players who won those golds shouldn't just be inducted in the Hall of Fame straight away but also be elevated as "Gods of Honour"
    封神榜

4. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

It will be 4 Olympic Golds in my opinion. The one they'll miss is in Men's Doubles, they might struggle in Mixed as well though.

5. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    The Gold in MD is possible because Cai-Fu is avoiding BoMo and Jung/Lee in their draw. Barring any potential threats from other unknown pairs, Cai-Fu should be able to go through to the final on paper. Furthermore, Chai Biao/Guo Zhendong on the other half might do some damage to BoMo/JungLee at their first attempt.

XD is extremely though i got no confidence in the current Chinese pairs but they have a brighter hope than He Hanbin.

I am just worried about WS...because i want Wang Yihan or Wang Xin to win so badly...Li Xuerui is China's backup plan if all fails.

6. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    To be extremely optimistic to a certain extent, I believe the new format is doing a good to the Chinese teams overall and it made them even more Upset-resistant especially in the doubles category.

If they lose in one game, they could try to advance by winning other games finish at the top 2 in the group . The Chinese are not inconsistent..they lose today, they win tomorrow.

7. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

It is impossible for China to lose the singles. In fact, it's impossible for China not to take all the medals in the singles event unless one of them develops "Lu Lan syndrome"

Lee Chong Wei can't beat Chen Long, Chen Jin or Lin Dan if he is not 100%. Chen Jin has developed his style now, and Chen Long and Lin Dan could already beat him. In WS China are unstoppable.

Same story in WD. Although they don't look as invincible as before, they still should take gold.

In MD, I think it's Jung/Lee's time. I wasn't too impressed with Cai/Fu at the Thomas cup, I think that Jung and Lee will be able to do it this time. Chai/Guo don't have it in them to win against the big players.

In XD. They have two top pairs, that are capable on their day. But there is a lot of other quality competition in this department so it will be tough here.

8. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

dont forget they have done that last August at the same venue with the almost identical team and this time against a weaker field.

let's say they achieve the unachievable in a couple of months time.
    i think they should retire, the whole Chinese team so that the others can have a go.

9. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    For XD, the Chinese pairs need a decent draw. If the draw is good, actually their only threat is Pedersen and Fischer. But my 2 cents tell me the Danish pair might not have a chance to even meet them because i think they will face their old demons against Tantowi/Natsir.

MD, actually I do feel for Jung Jae Sung. For Six years playing, he has not actually achieved anything major apart from winning Super Series tournaments. He is more like a silver miner than a gold digger. Maybe it's his time to win something as a farewell gift.

Cai/Fu on the other hand, initially i thought they could only settle for bronze but after reanalysing their potential draw, I think they could make it to the final again, assuming no other pairs could hurt this pair. It will decisively determined by who will they meet BoMo / JungLee.

Dont rule out Chai/Guo yet. They maybe sh!t but they do spring surprises. China needs more helping hands to eliminate as many threats as possible.

Singles i am still worried about WS. I pray the girls dont choke and do not let this Villain Nehwal nicked the gold out of luck because the format does benefit her as well.

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i am sure that has come across the mind of "you know who". and he will for sure make sure that his team will get as close to that total domination as possible.

11. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    I really hate to see that badminton is going to be like ping pong - totally dominated by 1 country. :(

12. laonong

laonong Regular Member

That may be better for badminton player

13. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    with LCW and JJS injured, i think China getting all five medals is a possibility.

But the weakest link is XD. Zhang/Zhao does not do very well against European players on European grounds. Their records against Pedersen/Fischer is still awful. Their recent record against Adcock/Bankier just sucks. And they have to worry about Natsir and LYD, too. Worst, Zhao needs to play in WD too. Things does not look good for Zhang/Zhao.

Pray for Zhao!

#13 pcll99, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
  14. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Agree... with LCW & JJS having an Injury. There are higher possibility for CBA to take Gold in MS & MD. XD department will be very interesting to follow as those 2 XD pairs in CBA are not on their peak, right now. Indonesia Premier SS will be the real test for them, as ZN/ZYL will meet Addcok/Bankier again... it will be good if they miss Gold in XD. It will be too boring if the OG dominated by CBA only, only time will tell..

15. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    That's why for XD it depends on the Draw ....XD is all about luck actually. The Olympics have proven it in the past. Back then the greatest pair, Kim Dong Moon and Ra Kyungmin were unstoppable in both editions but only to lose in Olympics without a medal because of bad draws. I would say that pair is unlucky twice. I am not sure about Lee Young dae's route to the final but hey he could beat both indonesian pairs in a row, that doesnt count a luck i suppose because Chinese pairs were so weak back then ( you have Zheng Bo and He Hanbin, enough said)

Zhang Nan Zhao Yunlei has a tough test ahead to face tougher :)

16. iSeVeN_Ultimate

iSeVeN_Ultimate Regular Member

Student
    they are skip next two SS and rest in 2 months. hope they will 100% to challenge China.
    WS and WD is very hard for other country to win gold medal (70% for china, 30% for other country)
    MS (30% Lin Dan, 32% Chong Wei, 23% Chen Long, 15% other)
    MD (30% Cai-Fu, 30% JJS/LYD, 18% MB/CM, 22% other)
    XD (30% Zhang-Zhao, 25% Xu-MA, 25% TA/LN, 20% other)
    if they all are 100% fit....

17. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    I predict an injury. lol.

18. iSeVeN_Ultimate

iSeVeN_Ultimate Regular Member

Student
    hehehe... no one knows..

19. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    5 medals for China is near impossibility.
    4 medals is possibile but not easy
    3 medals is expected
    2 medals would be terrible performance
    1 medal--LYB will be fired.

20. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

You're saying China won't be getting 1 medal per event?
    Whatever you think, 5 really isn't a 'near impossibility', considering they could get 3 in just WS.