Wise2086 gripper not smooth when tensioning

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by cheng, Jun 4, 2012.

1. cheng

cheng Regular Member

I noticed my gripper is not smooth when tensioning a string. Almost at the end of each pull, the gripper will suddenly jolt out further by another 2-3mm.

As in the video, the string used is a 0.66mm string. The jolt is towards the end of the pull. It doesn't seem obvious at first but you'll have to replay a few time to see the jolt (somewhere in the middle of the video). The jolt is worse when I'm pulling thicker strings like a 0.7mm string.
    I use constant pull and with and without pre-stretch it gives the same symptom.

I can't figure out what happened. I did a search but nothing fits the symptoms on my machine. Any experts here know what's going on to help me please?

[video=youtube;6UQuTF_kcdQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UQuTF_kcdQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the combination of the small movement, dark lighting as well as shaky camera makes it really hard to see. can you redo the video with the camera on a table / tripod and use a better light?