User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTornado View Post
    Do they have particularly large hands that need it like that, or do they just like it? I have fairly big hands too but that would be way too much for me..
    No; we're talking about skinny teens here. They must use a lot of "arm" in their swing, that's the only conclusion I can draw.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    No; we're talking about skinny teens here. They must use a lot of "arm" in their swing, that's the only conclusion I can draw.
    Most Europeans don't have much flexibility in their wrists. So they resort to generating the same power via using more "arm" in their swing actions. This naturally means they would need to grab the handle more tightly thus the larger grip.

The extra arm action in the swings also benefits from very tight tensions (since the European arm muscle is relatively larger than the Asians') and the repulsion obtainable from the tightness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most Europeans don't have much flexibility in their wrists. So they resort to generating the same power via using more "arm" in their swing actions. This naturally means they would need to grab the handle more tightly thus the larger grip.
    Haha thats quite a generalization there but i kinda see the point, I'd say in most UK clubs there is at least a couple of players with those thick arm swing grips of 2 PU grips or so. Id say its pretty rare to see players with very good techniques having very thick grips though with most preferring a single PU grip or a couple of overgrips. (You do see flexible players in europe try playing in denmark lol)

I tend to put a singles PU onto the wood then re grip a 0.5 or 0.6mm overgrip on top which is what i replace every so often, with a s2 racket maybe another overgrip might be in order?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it too big if the grip of a li ning wood n90 is S3?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yeop Azraai View Post
    is it too big if the grip of a li ning wood n90 is S3?
    It really depends. Grip size is all about preferences. If you have a big palm, you might find S3 more suitable, hence more comfortable for you as compared to S2. I am comfortable to use both Yonex G4 & G5, i just need to alter my gripping method to suit my palm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2