User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Build muscle with cardio exercise , and badminton practice , it benefits. Build muscle without cardio , then you might bulk up and have a muscular look body , but doesnt benefits to badminton. Also , dont try HIIT , science will proof that it can destory your breathing systems soon. Maybe you can check out how bruce lee's training routine for a reference.
    Last edited by lucius; 08-01-2013 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Adding some tips

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stumbled upon an article on the internet last month. It was a dance fitness article. The article stated that i need to lift heavier instead of lighter weights to perform better. Heavy to moderate weights will require muscle to work and stimulate more to adapt with the loads. Light weights will require muscle to adapt less since we can already cope with the loads. Muscle will only have more endurance, not strength. Yet badminton moves are explosives. I doubt that strokes will improve with muscle endurance alone.

I followed the article and it works for me. I feel that i can now translate the weight training benefits from gym to court. We really need weights training to perform better in badminton. I feel that wrist and back pain are gradually reduced after resuming weights training. It feels good that i can do both exercises that i enjoyed simultaneously and not impair performance one over the other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few months back I trained on my forearms. The next badminton session toke me about 10-20 mins of rallies to adjust my brain to my swing speed, as I was essentially moving faster than my brain told my arm to.

I will agree that certain weight lifting exercises can help a badminton player (I.E. Forearms, triceps, shoulders and back). This will help strengthen and increase power of the shots like smashing and back hands (assuming you are constantly using proper technique). Building muscles in unnecessary places will add extra weight that your legs will have to carry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up it helps me maintain my normal weight

I do admit it help me a lot to maintain my normal weight. Playing badminton keeps me in good shape and discipline myself. I lose weight but Im more on endurance, improving myself in playing, make friends and enjoy on what Im doing. Making you smile a lot also helps you make young, feel young and lose more weight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the 1940/50s attitudes towards weight training for athletes were bleak people used to think weight training was only for weightlifters. If you lifted weights back then you wouldnt get picked for the track team or gymnastics team. Today in 21century its the other way round and as a result the vast majority of elite athletes even the women do some type of weight resistant training. For badminton specific weight training a lot of shoulder and leg exercises would be a good idea.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4