Confused about choosing a new racquet

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Anuj sharma, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Anuj sharma

Anuj sharma Regular Member

student
    Hey guys,
    i am an intermediate level player n i use ns100 racquet at the moment .. but may be because of my weak muscle strength i am not able to generate more power from the back-court and my clears don't reach beyond the mid-court of opponent ...plus i want to play some offencive play too ......

so dats d problem ...

i have tried votric 7 n mp 22 ... n finally going to buy a new racquet ... your valuable views on pros and cons of following racquets are most welcome and appreciated
    1: MP 29
    2:MP 22
    3:MP 23
    4:voltric 7
    5: any other racquet (similar budget
    :))u wud like to suggest given my current physical situation.....

thank u

2. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

Sounds like the real problem here is your technique if you can't clear past midcourt. I suggest instead that you invest in some sort of lessons or at least have some better players help you out, because at this point using a different racket won't change much.

3. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    hmm.. you are a univ student, I'm sure your muscle should not be that bad..
    try to improve your technique?

if you really want to try a new racket, VT7 looks promising, however it is a medium and head heavy racket (compared to your NS100 flexible and head light)
    the spec is different, but maybe that is what you want
    the head lightness of your NS100 could be the reason why you cannot produce more power

however, even with new racket, the problem might persist. like post above said, the problem most likely is your technique

4. Anuj sharma

Anuj sharma Regular Member

student
    thanks avenger

thanks avenger

i think problem here is not technique ... i have used the li ning raquet that lin dan uses recently n it was a" no effort " job to get the shuttle from one backcourt to other .... since my budget is a bit nt so cozy :rolleyes: so wat about any head heavy racquet ... that can produce power n still easy to move swiftly ... ..
    u r ryt about d ns 100 its too head light .... i cant do much wid it on back court

5. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Which means the problem is your technique ;). The racket doesn't "assist" you like the headheavy N90 and you have to do it with your technique only. Still should not be a problem with NS100 either to reach backcourt ....

6. ckpang

ckpang Regular Member

furniture finishing
    If you really think it is not technique problem, only the racket and you don't want to spend too much. I will suggest you try the RKEP Pro9000. You can select the balance point and frame weight by your own.I try it not bad. backcourt to backcourt no problem at all. Inside the forum, they have a topic about this racket. just about us100. send PM to Eric , maybe he can give you a better price.

7. amleto

amleto Regular Member

problem is technique, no doubt.

8. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    you might need a new racket, but you also need to improve your technique

I would go for VT7 or RKEP pro 9000 or RKEP pro 6000
    it is in your price range I think

RKEP pro 9000 is medium stiff and slightly head heavy
    while pro 6000 is medium and slightly head heavy
    it will cost you $125 however you get free string and stringing service + 10 over grips
    the VT7 is around $108 add $15 for string and without grip, so more or less are the same

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/RKEP-PRO9000-WOVEN-Ti-badminton-racket-racquet-YONEX-NBG98-string-10-grip-/130642840383?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6aeb8b3f#ht_3710wt_1289
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/RKEP-PRO6000...ltDomain_0&hash=item1e6aec46e7#ht_3486wt_1289

9. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    If you could really clear back to back using those LiNing racket, assuming your technique is quite okay, you need to adjust your string tension. It is probable that your string in your current racket is either dead, too low or too high so it is not that repulsive in transferring your power to the string bed.