User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nozomi Okuhara has just defeated Sun Yu with 21-10, 22-20 in straight games. It will be all japan ws finals tomorrow.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately,even the juniors are finding difficulty coping with playing two matches in the same day. Sun Yu, after toppling the favourite Tai Tzu Ying in a 3-setter QF several hours ago, couldn't maintain her pace and lost in the SF to Nozomi Okuhara who also played a 3-setter against a KOR opponent.

However, Sun Yu's male counterpart,Xue Song who impressed at the CBSL in his match with Lin Dan despite the loss, succeeded in knocking out Viktor Axelsen, the top seed,21-19,13-21 and 21-17, in the morning and hours later trounced his Chinese Taipei opponent,21-12 and 21-7, to advance to the final tomorrow. He will be contesting the WJC title with Kento Momota who has some experience playing a couple of 'senior' tournaments.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have seen the stamina of japan players and was wondering. This happened when i saw mitani's match against saina. Might be they are concentrating more on endurance training. No doubt Nozomi withstood strenuous schedule on that day playing two matches in the same day. But i am worried that other players are struggling with physical fitness if it comes to two matches in the same day. Considering the natural born player ma jin who is extraordinary with her endurance, i hope all other players will improve their physical fitness soon. I think SunYu did not start weight training in the gym to her legs because of her age , that may be the reason she could not withstand long standing matches , that too twice in a day. But i have seen her playing Lu Lan in CBSL. It was a wonderful match.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't think training has anything to do with it. Of all teams, it is the Chinese teams that lay most emphasis on physical fitness, conditioning etc (the Japanese and Koreans are catchng up, though.) Even more, the girls/women are pushed even harder than the boys/men in this regard, and as kinda by default, expected to play twice as much longer as the men.

There may be something else here. One thing could be the mental/psychological issues with any individual. Another could be the physical mismatches. Tall players are especially vulnerable to short players, or at least the more compact players who stay low to the ground and below the tape.

Sun Yu may probably need another year or two with her coaches to sort out her issues with short and persistent players. She had beaten Noz in straights less than a week ago in the team championships. She needs to be able to answer different approaches taken by the same opponent; i.e., the adaptability factor.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't see what the problem is with multiple matches in one day. Most junior tournaments are run over only couple days with multiple matches a day. Shouldn't be an alien thing to them ...

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    On this,I'm quite in agreement with you. As in most other sports,once a junior player starts taking part in the senior tournaments,esp when he achieves significant results, he is either prohibited from playing in the junior championships or the player himself voluntarily takes himself out,an implicit rule I suppose.
    What other sport or did you just make that up ? So Messi shouldn't have played in the Olympics in 2004 or the FIFA U20 World Cup in 2005, etc. ...
    Last edited by demolidor; 11-03-2012 at 04:55 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For example:

The World Junior Hockey Championship Explained

A guide to the annual World Junior Hockey Championship

By Jamie Fitzpatrick, About.com Guide

See More About:

The World Junior Hockey Championship - also known as the World Under-20 Hockey Championship - brings together the best teenaged hockey players in the world.The tournament begins on Boxing Day and continues into the first week of January.
    Generally, the only elite players missing are 19-year-olds who are already playing in the NHL. Occasionally, an NHL team will release a player to his national team during the World Juniors.

Another example is the World Junior Chess Championship where for the past 30 years since its inauguration in 1982, all the junior champions who won it once don't play in it anymore as well as many who didn't win it. But I noticed in the girls edition both Kachiani(USSR) and Khurtsidze (Georgia) did it twice, no idea why.

Btw, the Olympics is not the junior championship. "Since 1992 male competitors must be under 23 years old, with three over-23 players allowed per squad. The new format allows teams from around the world to compete equally, and African countries have taken particular advantage of this, with Nigeria and Cameroon winning in 1996 and 2000 respectively." - from wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...ummer_Olympics.

Anyway,my point is that any junior player who is good enough to play in the regular senior tournaments shouldn't waste time in the junior championships if they are to progress and make a mark for themselves.

For badminton,my understanding is that CBA usually sends the players once only whether he or she wins it or not, the next time it is somebody else who goes. I guess it's a self-imposed rule for the member associations/nations.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    really?tai have a 2-3 head to head with herpv sindhu,nazomi,busanan stand a chance to beat her too.
    it by chances that we have so many talented ws during this era... Not everyday we can see so many talented girls

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After watching the match, I am not worried about Sun Yu at all. I would just blame it on the lack of stamina.

Bigger people are usually harder to recover than smaller people. Although Nozomi also had a tough 3-game match, Nozomi should recover faster than Sun Yu. Nevertheless, congrats to Nozomi for finally getting one from Sun Yu.

A small concern is the lack of aggression from Sun Yu in this match. If that was entirely due to the lack of energy, that would be okay too.

Sun Yu will play in China Open as a qualifier. Time for her to gain more experience from playing with the big girls.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the match between Sun Yu and Lu Lan in CBSL: http://v.gdtv.cn/html/ItemId80/2012-09-14/22515.html

That match starts at around the 6th minute, after the WD match featuring BYX/ZQX. KKK/TBH came on after Sun Yu.

Also of interest is the last match between WZM and Xue Song. As disappointing as WZM has been, he was able to toy with a very good junior player. That just illustrates the big gap between junior players and "senior" players.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I discovered that actually Sun Yu had beaten Nozomi Okuhara in the Suhandinata Cup,the junior team championship earlier which was won by China against Japan. However, in the individual event, she couldn't do it again when they meet in the Semi-final after a notching a remarkable victory over the WR#11 and JPN Open SS titlist Tai Tzu Ying in the Quarter-final.

I trust Sun Yu would gain valuable experience from that loss and overcome whatever shortcoming she has, be it stamina problem which fortunately can be tackled by persistent,systematic training.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sun Yu is playing WD with Cheng Shu at the World University Badminton Championship
    http://www.2012badminton.net/program...3E%26match%3D6

Could this be the tallest WD pair?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedShuttle View Post
    Sun Yu is playing WD with Cheng Shu at the World University Badminton Championship
    http://www.2012badminton.net/program...3E%26match%3D6

Could this be the tallest WD pair?
    why can they play there? they are university students?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In 2012 Chinese Super League, Sun Yu's record was 4 wins and 3 losses.

Chen XiaoJia 0:2(19:21,16:21)
    Kang YiNing 2:1(21:12,19:21,21:15)
    Zheng Yu 2:1(11:21,21:11,21:11)
    Lu Lan 2:0(21:11,2:1 retired)
    Chen XiaoJia 1:2(21:16,9:21,14:21)
    Han Li 0:2(16:21,18:21)
    Deng Xuan 2:0(21:14,21:12)

Note that Deng Xuan just knock off Han Li in Macao Open. Sun Yu lost multiple times to Han Li before.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sun Yu,well done,congrats for winning your first international title, The Macau Open GPG, beating the Thia sensation,child prodigy,Busanan, 21-19 and 21-8.

This after only your third attempt at the regular(senior) international circuit. In your first foray,the Thai Open'12,you lost to your senior compatriot,Wang Lin,in the QF after beating Carolina Marin in R1 and Busanan (your opponent today) in R2.

Then in your 2nd tournament (I'm not counting the junior championships),at the CHN Open PSS 2012, you were eliminated by another Thai child prodigy, Nichaon Jindapon, in the Qualification stage, a disappointing result to you,I'm sure.

I also believe you must be fed up with yourself for losing the WJC title to Nozomi after having beaten her earlier in the team event, the more so for eliminating the hot favourite Tai Tzu Ying in the semi-final of the individual championship.

This Macau GPG title should more than made up for it. Keep up the good work! You may be the next rising star!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations! Hope this serves as Sun Yu's ticket to more competitions. She has pretty much everything but experience.

Name:  Img359257750.JPG
Views: 473
Size:  74.2 KB

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

congratulations Sun Yu, for being another additional force to CBA WS line.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast