User Tag List

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greatest power China have to lesser for near future imo are WD -> WS -> MS -> XD/MD
    WD, no comment for now 'n far future
    WS, no comment for now 'n far future
    MS, LD departure 'n maybe CJ too, will big loss for China, CL still not solid, DPY/WZM still oh sooo ...
    XD, for now look safe, but who know for near future, China traditionally always have good formula to produce good XD pair
    MD, CY/FHF now near their end career, and still not new MD pop up w/ good promisingbut maybe time 'n experience will tell ...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For WS,I still believe the situation is the least worrisome, there are a few up-and-coming players,eg Chen Xiaojia, Sun Yu, who can in time step up to the plate.

It's the MS that I'm more concerned with after Lin Dan and Chen Jin's near retirement. At the moment there's only Chen Long to pass the baton to and he's not on par with Lin Dan, at least not yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CBA will no longer be as dominant as before but as a team overall, they are still good enough to retain their
    Thomas Cup, Sudirman and Uber.

MS - Chen Long needs to pass his major tournament test to qualify as a Class A player like Lin Dan/Chen Jin
    WS - Overload of emerging players dont count at all. They must prove they can win big tournaments
    MD - Hopeless, only Chai Biao is competent at least
    WD - Unless other foreign pairs grow a pair (lol)
    XD - Still dominant but only just. ZZ could play on until 2016 depending on ZYL's desire but Ma Jin needs to find a partner smarter than Xu Chen

After Sudirman Cup 2013, we will see a bunch of rookies/faces a lot of people globally cannot recognise playing for China. Still they are strong enough as a team overall

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the chinese team suffer in SO SS, after last week just won 1 title in IO SSP. yep, the golden era is now questionable.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The pre-Olympic tourneys are producing some strange results not just for CHN but others as well, eg Sho Sasaki, Lee Hyun Il, Shon Wan Ho, Kenichi Tago,Taufik Hidayat, and so forth. I wouldn't read too much into it yet, wait till after the Olympics.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    the chinese team suffer in SO SS, after last week just won 1 title in IO SSP. yep, the golden era is now questionable.
    None of the top Chinese players are playing in SO. And LD and CY/FHF were not playing in IO. If China fails to win at least 3 Golds in London, then we can say the golden era is questionable.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qidong View Post
    None of the top Chinese players are playing in SO. And LD and CY/FHF were not playing in IO. If China fails to win at least 3 Golds in London, then we can say the golden era is questionable.
    hmm, 3 gold medals in OGs, is that the gold standard to measure chinese depth and power in badminton? when did the trend start? did they even win just 1 or 2 since they participated?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, as long as CHN wins the most number of major titles, individual and team events, more than any other countries, that's good enough to count as her Golden Era; total or near total domination isn't necessary, unlike table-tennis where her paddlers in both men and women are even more dominant than her shuttlers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i do remember watchin an interview with LYB, he does said CHN ultimate goal is of course winning all of the OG medals, but minimum goal medals to be won is at least 3, or else its considered mission fail..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreak87 View Post
    i do remember watchin an interview with LYB, he does said CHN ultimate goal is of course winning all of the OG medals, but minimum goal medals to be won is at least 3, or else its considered mission fail..
    hmm, what a standard. too ambitious?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qidong View Post
    The golden era for CBA was the TC team of the 80's not the current one. All 3 of their singles players were almost untouchable even though teams of other nations were comparatively stronger/more balanced overall than now. It was more towards the decline in standard of China's opponents rather than the superiority of its current line-up of players. Oth, their women are as dominant as ever.

Just imagine CBA has YY, XGB and ZJH in their prime participating in the LOG rather than LD, CL and CJ. The rest can forget about the gold and silver to say the least. The same cannot be applied to their current MS.

So what golden generation we are talking about here?
    Last edited by flite; 06-21-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flite View Post
    The golden era for CBA was the TC team of the 80's not the current one. All 3 of their singles players were almost untouchable even though teams of other nations were comparatively stronger/more balanced overall than now. It was more towards the decline in standard of China's opponents rather than the superiority of its current line-up of players. Oth, their women are as dominant as ever.

Just imagine CBA has YY, XGB and ZJH in their prime participating in the LOG rather than LD, CL and CJ. The rest can forget about the gold and silver to say the least. The same cannot be applied to their current MS.

So what golden generation we are talking about here?
    wow. they were really that great back then? so, let's start calling this generation as silver one rather than gold.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    wow. they were really that great back then? so, let's start calling this generation as silver one rather than gold.
    The point is you don't compare China with herself, present vs past, but with the rest of the world. If you say it's silvern now not golden, then whose is golden? May be you can say not as golden as before,like 24K gold vs 22K or 18K, if I may used this analogy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    The point is you don't compare China with herself, present vs past, but with the rest of the world. If you say it's silvern now not golden, then whose is golden? May be you can say not as golden as before,like 24K gold vs 22K or 18K, if I may used this analogy.
    The point is when you talk about golden generation of CBA, one MUST compare with her predecessors and the previous generation of players.

In short, the golden generation aended when 90's approached and the current SILVER generation erm.... what should I say?..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the source of the current problem CBA is facing with the young charges is the same as the present situation in Chinese football, basketball and other sports you can name which Europeans/USA are dominant in.

They lack creativity,talents and one important thing; the spirit of unity. It's rare and almost impossible for me to see China excelling in team competitions because they lack that spirit. Perhaps it's the same issue with the men's doubles China is dealing with.

I have to say it, the Chinese MD pairs are not good, useless and cannot even put up a consistent fight against the top pairs. All I ever see is them losing in every encounter and the worse thing is they never improve from that defeat. What makes Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng so different than the younger pairs ?

I say it has to do with lack of creativity and foreign help that are making the difference. Seems like Mainland Chinese cannot find the solution themselves.

Do you think if Tang Xianhu, Hou JiaChang and co. from Indonesia exports have never stepped into the Central Plains. Do you think China will be the same team as it is today ? I say no.

Without Tang Xianhu's Indonesian philosophy and HIGH possibly Fu Haifeng's Indonesian traits, there will be no Cai-Fu. Of course we have to give credit to Cai Yun because his speed and net skills are exceptional but that's nothing compared to Indonesian Chinese badminton skills.

Currently even with Zhang Jun, Tian BingYi, Chen Qiqiu, Liu Yong and other distinguished faces in MD coaching staff, they still cannot find a solution to produce formidable pairs.

Something is really wrong about the mainland Chinese mentality or maybe they just lack the creativity ?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by repentedboy View Post
    I think the source of the current problem CBA is facing with the young charges is the same as the present situation in Chinese football, basketball and other sports you can name which Europeans/USA are dominant in.

They lack creativity,talents and one important thing; the spirit of unity. It's rare and almost impossible for me to see China excelling in team competitions because they lack that spirit. Perhaps it's the same issue with the men's doubles China is dealing with.

I have to say it, the Chinese MD pairs are not good, useless and cannot even put up a consistent fight against the top pairs. All I ever see is them losing in every encounter and the worse thing is they never improve from that defeat. What makes Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng so different than the younger pairs ?

I say it has to do with lack of creativity and foreign help that are making the difference. Seems like Mainland Chinese cannot find the solution themselves.

Do you think if Tang Xianhu, Hou JiaChang and co. from Indonesia exports have never stepped into the Central Plains. Do you think China will be the same team as it is today ? I say no.

Without Tang Xianhu's Indonesian philosophy and HIGH possibly Fu Haifeng's Indonesian traits, there will be no Cai-Fu. Of course we have to give credit to Cai Yun because his speed and net skills are exceptional but that's nothing compared to Indonesian Chinese badminton skills.

Currently even with Zhang Jun, Tian BingYi, Chen Qiqiu, Liu Yong and other distinguished faces in MD coaching staff, they still cannot find a solution to produce formidable pairs.

Something is really wrong about the mainland Chinese mentality or maybe they just lack the creativity ?
    I think it has more to do with status and recognition - in CHN, in a sense everyone wants to be like MS Lin Dan, a megastar whereas in KOR,they want to be like MD Park Joo Bong and Kim Mong Soo, now Lee Yong Dae and Chung Jae Sung.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    I think it has more to do with status and recognition - in CHN, in a sense everyone wants to be like MS Lin Dan, a megastar whereas in KOR,they want to be like MD Park Joo Bong and Kim Mong Soo, now Lee Yong Dae and Chung Jae Sung.
    The issue now is more with the question of why China has so many players to choose from and with the unparalleled pool of coaches and facillities, they still cannot produce good men doubles players. Not just that, I think XD is going to be a big issue soon.

Definitely something is wrong with the Mainland Chinese mentality. They cannot think out of the box when others are ahead of them. The same for technology, without counterfeiting and being a copycat, they cannot reproduce the same success as USA and Japan.

Same case here in China. They still lack something similar to Tang Xianhu's touch.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast