Lin Dan "Born for Badminton"

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by iSeVeN_Ultimate, Jun 8, 2012.

1. iSeVeN_Ultimate

iSeVeN_Ultimate Regular Member

Student
    lin-dan.jpg
    No one can be World Champion, Olympic Champion, Asean Games Champion, All england Champion and Superseries Final Champion instead of Thomas and Sudirman Cup Champion and even being world no. 1 in next two week...
    Lin Dan bring us Joyful of badminton when he play...
    I wonder if he retired after London Olympic....

2. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    When someone became too good in something,then it won't be too good for the sport.Lin Dan has been the best MS in the world rite for several years,n i'd skip the MS game in tournaments,since i know LD will win that title,unless LYB wants him to "give" the game to his juniors.No surprise,no fun..:p

Just like few years ago F1 with Michael Schumacher during his reigning years.That time,no need to watch the F1 if u just wanna know who will win..:p

3. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Ahh, but people did watch Schumacher in F1 racing, because he would often do something controversial. Not unlike Lin Dan.:rolleyes:

Lin Dan, being as good as he is, is not necessarily "bad" for the sport. Having a marquis player at the top for a long while gives a 'stability' for new fans while they get to learn the game and the personalities. Certainly the sponsors like having a steady top player to advertise their stuff.

And there are a lot of people who actually like seeing dominance -- look at all the fans of Lance Armstrong and the American Olympic basketball team. For that type of fan, an inevitable result does not ruin their enjoyment a match.

But Lin Dan not invincible. His skills may be supernatural, but he's very human. He makes mistakes and loses his cool like the rest of us. It makes his games entertaining. Many people may not like him -- which is their right -- but you can't call him boring. :eek:

4. visor

visor Regular Member

Like Wayne Gretzky, Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, and Schumacher, Lin Dan belongs on the list of athletes who completely totally dominate their sports.

When they play, it's not a question of who will win but what magic they will perform on their way to breaking records.

5. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Yup.I know what u guys mean.Just like the people that u guys mentioned,LD absolutely dominates the world's MS.I do enjoy watching him play n adore his games.His steps n his wrist are marvelous,outstand any players.My chinese surname is Lin (林) as well,which i should be proud as well.But thinking of Badminton's development sake,LYB should let him walk away from some games n let his juniors play with the rest of the world,since if he always play in most of the tournaments,MS will be boring.It's like 90% chance of him winning the title,unless if he's been told to lose.:p

Of course looking at the learning and entertaining point of view,LD will do just great.

#5 Smichz, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  6. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Tiger Wood!?

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

From now on,I will savour and cherish even more every single match he plays as it won't be that much longer after the London Olympics before he retires. During that period, I surmise he may play fewer tournaments and possibly not at the same high level that we're used to seeing - all for lack of motivation, "tiredness" and "now family comes first", the last two being expressions he made in a recent interview.

Lin Dan has acquired fame,fortune,and a name in history for posterity having achieved all that is to be won in badminton and attained godlike status. He said before that he wanted to emulate Peter Gade in longevity for which I'm sceptical based on the aforesaid. After his retirement,I've no doubt he will continue to do things related to badminton,not necessarily directly. When the time comes,he will be sorely missed; I myself will have a hard time getting used to his absence.:)

8. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

he is a nearly perfect badminton player, skillwise and recordswise. for me, the only thing that make flaws in his great records is the fact he is playing for CBA. he got lots of trouble and bad images from peoples from that. :eek:
    lin dan oh lin dan.

9. iSeVeN_Ultimate

Student
    yup... he lose to Sony Dwi Kuncoro in Thailand GPG. when he is not interested in a game he could easily beaten by other player...

anything about Lin DAN, we should appreciate his play. look at Beijing Olympic Final when he outplayed LCW. i think his spirit is burned himself to play insanely.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Without CBA there will be no Lin Dan. CBA is like the diamond cutter and Lin Dan a rare uncut,unpolished diamond that they found and turn into a priceless gemstone. Only the best diamond cutter can change a rough stone into a faceted gem to unlock its intrinsic value in all its brilliance.

For CBA comprises all the hundreds and thousands of China's coaches,players and support staff from the time of Wang Wen Jiao,the father of Chinese badminton, his three famous disciples namely Tang Xianhu,Hou Jiachang,Fang Kaixiang,to Han Jian,Yang Yang,Zhao Jianhua...to today's Li Yongbo,Zhang Ning,Xia Xuanze, Lin Dan and others and so many more in between too numerous to name here.

Lin Dan is CBA's shining star,one of its superb products and its greatest creation. CBA and Lin Dan are inseparable.:)

11. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

yeah, i think i'm okay with your theory. :)

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thank you,it reflects well on you.How many people are as reasonable,open-minded a.d objective as you,a careful thinker as well. I respect you.:D

Many people wrongly equate Li Yongbo with CBA, forgetting that CBA is much larger than LYB who is himself a product of CBA. Even though he is the head coach now,he' still only one of the component parts of CBA. Without CBA there will be no LYB but CBA will still be around without LYB. Because CBA is composed of many other talented capable people, Tang Xianhu,Xia XuanZe, Zhang Ning,Lin Dan,Wang Yihan,Li Xuerui, et al:)

#12 Justin L, Jun 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Sorry,one correction: it's Asian Games not ASEAN (Association of South-east Asia Nations).

14. iSeVeN_Ultimate

Student
    oh, thank you for your correction.
    just hope Lin Dan and another player that play in London will 100% fit to give us delightful play....