0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, I've only got up to 300mm ;A;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ew, croxeth? That's about an hour or do from me via public transport >_>' I'll still go though and get my butt kicked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Oh, and whoever brings the shuttles will have their court fees waved. Only ONE person, before you all steam in; I think Mat has bagsied bring some anyway.
    I don't have a huge supply of shuttles, so I was just saying I'll have a couple of tubes with me.
    I doubt that will be enough, depending on how much we're going to be playing?
    They don't quite last like plastics Mark.....

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Croxteth attendees should park up at

Croxteth Sports + Wellbeing Centre, Altcross Road Liverpool L11 0BS

and walk (3 mins) to the annex at Parkstile Lane, L11 0BD

James, Chris and I should be there first, so I hope one of them can bring some shuttles as well...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems we're barely filling the four courts for the London meet at the moment. I'm sure we can get more people to come along if we spread the word a bit more, ideally we need to almost double our current number of attendees.

Com'on guys, with a bit of effort from each of us, I'm sure we can turn this into one of the best BC meets ever. Let's drum up some interest!

In terms of food, there aren't too many places I can think of around Harrow leisure centre that will take, potentially up to 30 people. And being a Saturday night, it's not going to be easy reserving tables. The best bet would be to go to Edgware, there are quite a few restaurants dotted along the high street, Chinese Buffet, Italian, Nando's, Thai, Sushi restaurants etc. As well as some fast food shops.

As a worse case scenario there's always KFC/McD just a few minutes drive away. I have a car, but I can't confirm if I can give anyone a lift until nearer the time.

...and as a cheeky personal plug, if anyone has a good condition, old logo, 1-piece yonex racquet they want to offload to a collector (me), please let me know and bring it along with you to the meet!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think we should post this 'get together' in the 'places to play' section.

James

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Croxteth attendees should park up at

Croxteth Sports + Wellbeing Centre, Altcross Road Liverpool L11 0BS

and walk (3 mins) to the annex at Parkstile Lane, L11 0BD

James, Chris and I should be there first, so I hope one of them can bring some shuttles as well...
    ..confirmed, all stored up in my suitcase..
    Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    It seems we're barely filling the four courts for the London meet at the moment. I'm sure we can get more people to come along if we spread the word a bit more, ideally we need to almost double our current number of attendees.

Com'on guys, with a bit of effort from each of us, I'm sure we can turn this into one of the best BC meets ever. Let's drum up some interest!

In terms of food, there aren't too many places I can think of around Harrow leisure centre that will take, potentially up to 30 people. And being a Saturday night, it's not going to be easy reserving tables. The best bet would be to go to Edgware, there are quite a few restaurants dotted along the high street, Chinese Buffet, Italian, Nando's, Thai, Sushi restaurants etc. As well as some fast food shops.

As a worse case scenario there's always KFC/McD just a few minutes drive away. I have a car, but I can't confirm if I can give anyone a lift until nearer the time.

...and as a cheeky personal plug, if anyone has a good condition, old logo, 1-piece yonex racquet they want to offload to a collector (me), please let me know and bring it along with you to the meet!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1984AllENGLAND View Post
    i think we should post this 'get together' in the 'places to play' section.

James
    appreciate for confirming, R20190 & 1984AllENGLAND!..
    *Re posting this in the Places to Play section,i've already posted in a few London-related threads. But i'll make a new thread anyway in there just to drum up a few more interests.
    ** Re the dinner get-together afterwards, any of those places is fine as long as it's not too far, can take at least more than 10 people and will stay open til late (11 or 12am). If there's a mall with a food-court type setting, that's fine as well..

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dinner afterwards?!? BAHAHAHAHA - I probably won't be vertical at 10pm after four hours of badminton!

I hope somebody can drop me off straight after...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Super excited..

..looking forward to meeting new BCers and new faces (BoogieeigooB, drew tze en, Mark A, R20190, jamesd20) as well as other well known BCers faces again (yes, you know who you are!)..

..and i'm looking fw to having a heavy British accent (like master Fidget) after i come back..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ctjcad; 07-24-2012 at 06:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need to do some checking but I might be able to make the London meet. I'll let you know one way or the other once I've checked my schedule, looked up train times etc etc

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..looking forward to meeting new BCers and new faces (BoogieeigooB, drew tze en, Mark A, R20190, jamesd20) as well as other well known BCers faces again (yes, you know who you are!)..
    Hope all you folks in London have a wonderful time! Make sure to post pictures and or videos!

..and i'm looking fw to having a heavy British accent (like master Fidget) after i come back..
    Wot, guv'nor? Methinks you've driven the lorry up a blind lane. Master Fidget sounds like this.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent, Chris!! A heavy British accent is all you need to master your role as, err, the lead BC Reporter for London 2012 BC and Badminton events.

Sorry but I have to forgo my trip and donate some hard earned tickets to my UK-based cousins. Doubt that they would actually go, though they actually live quite near in Brentford. Yup, practically walking distance only .......

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abedeng View Post
    Excellent, Chris!! A heavy British accent is all you need to master your role as, err, the lead BC Reporter for London 2012 BC and Badminton events.

Sorry but I have to forgo my trip and donate some hard earned tickets to my UK-based cousins. Doubt that they would actually go, though they actually live quite near in Brentford. Yup, practically walking distance only .......

i wonder if there are any last minute flight ticket to London....

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post

i wonder if there are any last minute flight ticket to London....
    Sure there are, ..... on Emirates at least. In fact they've been dropping prices to up demand from Southeast Asian and Australian sectors to Europe.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought I would like to entertain you.
    Here is a video of the malaysian badminton team playing..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCgK7...ature=youtu.be

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My London-based cell no.

...alright, guys, just made it here alive...and hanging out with Fengwei staying at a 3 level-story house, near Wembley (1 stop from Wembley @ Kingsbury), but sharing 1 bedroom..

Here's my London based cell phone no., for anyone wanting to contact me:
    +44789093257

*for those still interested to come (yah, you know who you are & are itching), still have less than 48 hrs to get a flight ticket...

*abedeng, if your cousins won't be going to the baddy matches, please let them know as i may use them (of course will pay in exchange)..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 07-25-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...alright, guys, just made it here alive...and hanging out with Fengwei staying at a 3 level-story house, near Wembley (1 stop from Wembley @ Kingsbury), but sharing 1 bedroom..

Here's my London based cell phone no., for anyone wanting to contact me:
    +44789093257

*for those still interested to come (yah, you know who you are & are itching), still have less than 48 hrs to get a flight ticket...
    See you soon!!!

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast