How to smash from anywhere on the court?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by DenniSinneD, Jun 9, 2012.

1. DenniSinneD

DenniSinneD Regular Member

Student, Store Clerk
    I can only seem to smash when the shuttle is coming towards the middle of the court, while others seem to be able to smash from the back, front, sides, EVERYWHERE.
    How do I train myself to be able to reach and smash the shuttle from all areas of the court?

2. Pizza Fish

Pizza Fish Regular Member

well, since you said you can execute a smash from the middle of the court, i assume your smashing technique is competent, at least enough to hit a strong shot.

the problem lies in your footwork. you cannot hit those smashes from other places simply because you can't get in position to hit your smash fast enough. you're going to have to do footwork training to get around the court quicker and then you'll be able to smash.

is your footwork technique correct? if it isn't, it's always a good idea to go to youtube and look up badminton footwork. also, ask better players for help with your footwork. i bet they'll be willing to help since you're showing initiate in asking. do shadow footwork practice, cardio exercise, and you'll notice an improvement

3. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    yep footwork

4. b.leung

b.leung Regular Member

footwork and agility
    having agility is good
    having proper footwork is better
    having both is best

5. Ng Su Tien

Ng Su Tien Regular Member

Let's don talk about smash...Skill player don have to smash can win every game easily...
    Just talk about skill & technique first...;)

Untitled.jpg

Hope you can understand what i draw...:p

Lets begin with Blue(you) ,Black(opponent)...

Super Effective for right handle player (for left handle will teach you if request)

1) Your Opponent(black) serve.....the second hit must push the shuttlecock fast and speed up...
    make it fly over to the back of your opponent's left hand side in a sudden....(for right handle usually
    weak at their left side)

2) The shuttle fast enough...your opponent surely using backhand to return back the shuttle to you.
    Once their back hand weak enough...surely the shuttlecock will be in the middle of the court (it's
    the best chance to let you smash :D)

3) If your opponent strong enough to return the shuttle....your next drop point will be at position 3....
    from position 2 run over to position 3 is the longest distance in badminton court.....use your skill and
    drop point to makes your opponent tired...:)

Everything will be easier once your opponent tired or lack of stamina...;)

That's the way i play..hope it's help...:)

6. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    here's a video

[video=youtube;c4oqTDy8O6c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4oqTDy8O6c[/video]

7. Calvine

Calvine New Member

Business
    Hi pcll99,
    Great video and thanks for sharing with others also. No doubt footwork and timing plays important role in great smashing. Found some informative tips on improving smashing so thanks to all for comments and tips.