User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    Age is not a concern, current performance is. I never said she should enter every semifinal.
    Only thing I clarified was the definition of doing well.

She has been losing many close 3 round matches, once she gets over this hurdle then I can see her progressing far. Anyway 3 game matches is not good for the knees and back especially for a tall lady like Sindhu.
    I have seen her playing 3 game matches all the times recently. That too losing closely.. Really hurts me .. I want her to prepare for the mental strength when it matters.. She is stronger than before. But i want her to fight like a tigress.. Really she is straining her knees a lot. My personal advice for her is to have a knee guard always ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    I have seen her playing 3 game matches all the times recently. That too losing closely.. Really hurts me .. I want her to prepare for the mental strength when it matters.. She is stronger than before. But i want her to fight like a tigress.. Really she is straining her knees a lot. My personal advice for her is to have a knee guard always ...
    Most knee guards is just useless when used in a match situation. They give a false sense of security against injury. The forces involved is just too much for the guard to be of any use.

The huge one that Wang Yihan wears currently is more effective but it does restrict movement to a certain extend.

Sindhu is young, she should rest & recover in order to have a long career.
    Sometimes training too hard is also asking for injury. She is always lunging late at the front court, this cant be good for the knees.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen Sindhu play once when she made an appearance in the Super Series in Delhi. Her back court play appeared to be superb, but she started moving late when moving to the front.
    As for saying she is tall so it is bad for her back and 3-games are worse, by that logic Gopichand, Padukone, Tine Baun and a whole lot of others should have stopped playing badminton early in their careers.
    Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2