ANNOUNCEMENT: Thailand and India professional players forum

Discussion in 'Badminton Central Announcements' started by kwun, Jun 9, 2012.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    we now have a professional players forums for Thailand as well as India.

this really shows the growth of emerging badminton countries. which is great for the growth of badminton.

2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Great news, Kwun! It is a validation of the progress these countries have been making. Nice! :)

3. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

8 countries now have their own section in badmintoncentral, shall we create a couple more to make it the top 10?

any suggestions?
    1) following the similar trend in IOC, may be one for Oceanic and one for Pan America.
    or
    2) one for UK (not that I'm biased) and one for Pan America.

4. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Just add a "Rest of World" could do

5. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    Kwun, I have problem with the side bar (on the left), I cannot minimize the side bar (there is no button to hide the side bar)

I use the latest google chrome

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Kwun is psychic! :eek: It's done!

7. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    yeah, it is really fast, the differences between your post and my post are 4 minutes :p

and now another problem
    the badminton equipment and badminton recommendation forum swapped place (recommendation on top while equipment on second slot)

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    you guys are super sharp!

that was intentional. too many people asks for recommendation and comparison in the equipment forum. i was wondering if they are swapped it will be less work for us having to move threads around all the time.

9. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    So far it looks good Kwun, I don't see anyone used the badminton racket forum for recommendation

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    There are many good players in Thailand. At the grassroots level, old warehouses are being converted into badminton halls. The game is really growing there.

11. voordelengids

voordelengids New Member

sales
    wonderfull players in Thailand , I had one uncle ( Indonysian ) named Pim Seth Paul who gave me the lessons .
    we will play in our company too !
    great forum !
    thank you for the posts ,we enjoy it a lot .
    VOORDELENGIDS ,
    Alexander

12. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Its wonderful nowadays, these two nations are fastly moving up . I hope that within one or two years, atleast two women singles players in the top 10 for these two nations,

I am talking about the fact, with the way juliane is moving up the ladder, she may overtake wang shixian and wang xin in the rankings in a month or so. Ratnachok is doing well. She may move up one or two ranking places within this year. Saina will get a chance to overtake li xuerui and capture her previous second place which she enjoyed during 2010. If sindhu performs well, she may reach 16 or 17 in the BWF ranking within this year. I am delighted to see her performing well in every tournament.

13. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

For me, reaching QF and above consistently (2 out of 3 tournaments) is performing well for a upcoming player.
    Sindhu should strive for this level of consistency.

For Saina's level it should SF and above (2 out of 3 tournaments).

14. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    You cant expect all of a sudden improvement from a 17 year old girl. Some may be exceptions.. Because thailand has so many 16 year olds already doing great. Sindhu is doing exceptionally well even when she plays top 10 players. She always goes for rubber which is not at all easy for top 10 ranked players. You cant find difference between 1 and 10 in women's arena. Whereas in men's arena, its always the same. Top 1 and 2 finishes the race always. So, she is in right track. Let her give some space which she is in the mid of the learning process. I always give her credit. When she participated in the junior circuit, she was the one who took the asian junior championship. You should not forget that the names she has beaten were Nozomi okuhara, sun yu, Busanan etc.. These players are getting draws which paves way to move till quarters. I think sun yu is still in qualifier range in senior stage. All others are doing well. Sindhu is in senior circuit only for 1.5 years. Let us give her some more time to make it big..

15. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Bro .. we are taking about quantifying badminton performance not about potential, how long she been in the game etc.

Sindhu is not doing exceptionally well as you put it. In fact she has been rather below par since China Masters. Don't take my word for it, ask any forum member here.
    Lets report based on actual achievements. I am sure she will improve next year but then that is another story.

The person who is currently doing well is Schenk & Ratchanok. They are the most improved. No need to mention LXR, she is the best.

16. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Bro, Schenk is in the trailing end of her career. Her age is 28 i think. Ratchanok is in the senior cirtuit for nearly 3 years. In the early stages of her career in the senior circuit, She was beaten by top players so many times. Only now, she is able to reach till semifinals. Sindhu has entered the senior circuit just 1.5 years back. So, we cant expect her to reach semifinals in all the tournaments she is playing in. Lets give her some time. She entered semifinals in china masters. That itself great thing to see. Next year, we can see so many semifinal entries of her in the senior tournaments.

17. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Age is not a concern, current performance is. I never said she should enter every semifinal.
    Only thing I clarified was the definition of doing well.

She has been losing many close 3 round matches, once she gets over this hurdle then I can see her progressing far. Anyway 3 game matches is not good for the knees and back especially for a tall lady like Sindhu.

18. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    I have seen her playing 3 game matches all the times recently. That too losing closely.. Really hurts me ..:crying: I want her to prepare for the mental strength when it matters.. She is stronger than before. But i want her to fight like a tigress..:D Really she is straining her knees a lot. My personal advice for her is to have a knee guard always ...:)

19. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Most knee guards is just useless when used in a match situation. They give a false sense of security against injury. The forces involved is just too much for the guard to be of any use.

The huge one that Wang Yihan wears currently is more effective but it does restrict movement to a certain extend.

Sindhu is young, she should rest & recover in order to have a long career.
    Sometimes training too hard is also asking for injury. She is always lunging late at the front court, this cant be good for the knees.

20. Fighter55

Fighter55 Regular Member

Writer
    I've seen Sindhu play once when she made an appearance in the Super Series in Delhi. Her back court play appeared to be superb, but she started moving late when moving to the front.
    As for saying she is tall so it is bad for her back and 3-games are worse, by that logic Gopichand, Padukone, Tine Baun and a whole lot of others should have stopped playing badminton early in their careers.
    Cheers