User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 20
  1. #1
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,919
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default ANNOUNCEMENT: Thailand and India professional players forum

    we now have a professional players forums for Thailand as well as India.

    this really shows the growth of emerging badminton countries. which is great for the growth of badminton.

  2. #2
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,666
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Great news, Kwun! It is a validation of the progress these countries have been making. Nice!

  3. #3
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,441
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    8 countries now have their own section in badmintoncentral, shall we create a couple more to make it the top 10?

    any suggestions?
    1) following the similar trend in IOC, may be one for Oceanic and one for Pan America.
    or
    2) one for UK (not that I'm biased) and one for Pan America.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Badmintonshire
    Posts
    1,563
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just add a "Rest of World" could do

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    from Indonesia, now in China
    Posts
    2,450
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Kwun, I have problem with the side bar (on the left), I cannot minimize the side bar (there is no button to hide the side bar)

    I use the latest google chrome

  6. #6
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,666
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Kwun, I have problem with the side bar (on the left), I cannot minimize the side bar (there is no button to hide the side bar)

    I use the latest google chrome
    Kwun is psychic! It's done!

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    from Indonesia, now in China
    Posts
    2,450
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Kwun is psychic! It's done!
    yeah, it is really fast, the differences between your post and my post are 4 minutes

    and now another problem
    the badminton equipment and badminton recommendation forum swapped place (recommendation on top while equipment on second slot)

  8. #8
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,919
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    yeah, it is really fast, the differences between your post and my post are 4 minutes

    and now another problem
    the badminton equipment and badminton recommendation forum swapped place (recommendation on top while equipment on second slot)
    you guys are super sharp!

    that was intentional. too many people asks for recommendation and comparison in the equipment forum. i was wondering if they are swapped it will be less work for us having to move threads around all the time.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    from Indonesia, now in China
    Posts
    2,450
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    you guys are super sharp!

    that was intentional. too many people asks for recommendation and comparison in the equipment forum. i was wondering if they are swapped it will be less work for us having to move threads around all the time.
    So far it looks good Kwun, I don't see anyone used the badminton racket forum for recommendation

  10. #10
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,271
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    There are many good players in Thailand. At the grassroots level, old warehouses are being converted into badminton halls. The game is really growing there.

  11. #11
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wonderfull players in Thailand , I had one uncle ( Indonysian ) named Pim Seth Paul who gave me the lessons .
    we will play in our company too !
    great forum !
    thank you for the posts ,we enjoy it a lot .
    VOORDELENGIDS ,
    Alexander

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,016
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Its wonderful nowadays, these two nations are fastly moving up . I hope that within one or two years, atleast two women singles players in the top 10 for these two nations,

    I am talking about the fact, with the way juliane is moving up the ladder, she may overtake wang shixian and wang xin in the rankings in a month or so. Ratnachok is doing well. She may move up one or two ranking places within this year. Saina will get a chance to overtake li xuerui and capture her previous second place which she enjoyed during 2010. If sindhu performs well, she may reach 16 or 17 in the BWF ranking within this year. I am delighted to see her performing well in every tournament.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    583
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    Its wonderful nowadays, these two nations are fastly moving up . I hope that within one or two years, atleast two women singles players in the top 10 for these two nations,

    I am talking about the fact, with the way juliane is moving up the ladder, she may overtake wang shixian and wang xin in the rankings in a month or so. Ratnachok is doing well. She may move up one or two ranking places within this year. Saina will get a chance to overtake li xuerui and capture her previous second place which she enjoyed during 2010. If sindhu performs well, she may reach 16 or 17 in the BWF ranking within this year. I am delighted to see her performing well in every tournament.
    For me, reaching QF and above consistently (2 out of 3 tournaments) is performing well for a upcoming player.
    Sindhu should strive for this level of consistency.

    For Saina's level it should SF and above (2 out of 3 tournaments).

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,016
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    For me, reaching QF and above consistently (2 out of 3 tournaments) is performing well for a upcoming player.
    Sindhu should strive for this level of consistency.

    For Saina's level it should SF and above (2 out of 3 tournaments).
    You cant expect all of a sudden improvement from a 17 year old girl. Some may be exceptions.. Because thailand has so many 16 year olds already doing great. Sindhu is doing exceptionally well even when she plays top 10 players. She always goes for rubber which is not at all easy for top 10 ranked players. You cant find difference between 1 and 10 in women's arena. Whereas in men's arena, its always the same. Top 1 and 2 finishes the race always. So, she is in right track. Let her give some space which she is in the mid of the learning process. I always give her credit. When she participated in the junior circuit, she was the one who took the asian junior championship. You should not forget that the names she has beaten were Nozomi okuhara, sun yu, Busanan etc.. These players are getting draws which paves way to move till quarters. I think sun yu is still in qualifier range in senior stage. All others are doing well. Sindhu is in senior circuit only for 1.5 years. Let us give her some more time to make it big..

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    583
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    You cant expect all of a sudden improvement from a 17 year old girl. Some may be exceptions.. Because thailand has so many 16 year olds already doing great. Sindhu is doing exceptionally well even when she plays top 10 players. She always goes for rubber which is not at all easy for top 10 ranked players. You cant find difference between 1 and 10 in women's arena. Whereas in men's arena, its always the same. Top 1 and 2 finishes the race always. So, she is in right track. Let her give some space which she is in the mid of the learning process. I always give her credit. When she participated in the junior circuit, she was the one who took the asian junior championship. You should not forget that the names she has beaten were Nozomi okuhara, sun yu, Busanan etc.. These players are getting draws which paves way to move till quarters. I think sun yu is still in qualifier range in senior stage. All others are doing well. Sindhu is in senior circuit only for 1.5 years. Let us give her some more time to make it big..
    Bro .. we are taking about quantifying badminton performance not about potential, how long she been in the game etc.

    Sindhu is not doing exceptionally well as you put it. In fact she has been rather below par since China Masters. Don't take my word for it, ask any forum member here.
    Lets report based on actual achievements. I am sure she will improve next year but then that is another story.

    The person who is currently doing well is Schenk & Ratchanok. They are the most improved. No need to mention LXR, she is the best.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,016
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    Bro .. we are taking about quantifying badminton performance not about potential, how long she been in the game etc.

    Sindhu is not doing exceptionally well as you put it. In fact she has been rather below par since China Masters. Don't take my word for it, ask any forum member here.
    Lets report based on actual achievements. I am sure she will improve next year but then that is another story.

    The person who is currently doing well is Schenk & Ratchanok. They are the most improved. No need to mention LXR, she is the best.
    Bro, Schenk is in the trailing end of her career. Her age is 28 i think. Ratchanok is in the senior cirtuit for nearly 3 years. In the early stages of her career in the senior circuit, She was beaten by top players so many times. Only now, she is able to reach till semifinals. Sindhu has entered the senior circuit just 1.5 years back. So, we cant expect her to reach semifinals in all the tournaments she is playing in. Lets give her some time. She entered semifinals in china masters. That itself great thing to see. Next year, we can see so many semifinal entries of her in the senior tournaments.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    583
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    Bro, Schenk is in the trailing end of her career. Her age is 28 i think. Ratchanok is in the senior circuit for nearly 3 years. In the early stages of her career in the senior circuit, She was beaten by top players so many times. Only now, she is able to reach till semifinals. Sindhu has entered the senior circuit just 1.5 years back. So, we cant expect her to reach semifinals in all the tournaments she is playing in. Lets give her some time. She entered semifinals in china masters. That itself great thing to see. Next year, we can see so many semifinal entries of her in the senior tournaments.
    Age is not a concern, current performance is. I never said she should enter every semifinal.
    Only thing I clarified was the definition of doing well.

    She has been losing many close 3 round matches, once she gets over this hurdle then I can see her progressing far. Anyway 3 game matches is not good for the knees and back especially for a tall lady like Sindhu.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Professional Players going Professional
    By chris-ccc in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 58
    : 09-30-2013, 08:04 PM
  2. Professional Players and their Tension
    By maa2003 in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 37
    : 09-26-2008, 09:52 PM
  3. Professional players' equipment
    By New_Guy04 in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 8
    : 07-17-2004, 02:49 AM
  4. new "Professional Players" forum
    By kwun in forum General Forum
    Replies: 5
    : 03-02-2004, 03:33 PM
  5. Thailand Replaces India for Asia Cup
    By Kelly in forum General Forum
    Replies: 7
    : 04-30-2001, 09:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •