Richmond/Vancouver Looking for group to play with.

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by ThisAsianGuy, Jun 9, 2012.

1. ThisAsianGuy

ThisAsianGuy Regular Member

Student
    Hello,

I recently started playing Badminton and was wondering if I could join any groups out there. I would consider myself as a Beginner/Low level intermediate player. Prefer playing afternoons.

Thanks Alex

2. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    You are certainly at the right place for badminton. Vancouver/Richmond is a badminton hot bed on the west coast of Canada. Have you considered the clubs in Richmond?

3. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Sorry, I forgot to write more details. To start out you might consider taking group lessons from the local clubs. Eventually if you are even more serious, go for private lessons. In the process of taking lessons you will meet players who are serious about the sport. Together you might a group for regular plays.

4. ThisAsianGuy

Student
    Thank you for the advice. Do you know of any groups I can join? I've been looking but so far it seems for younger players.

5. grappler

grappler Regular Member

If this isn't too late I would call your local community centre to see if there is a drop in schedule for badminton. Most places offer it in the evenings. Vancouver is a hot bed for badminton though it is not well advertised. You just have to search around.

6. EddieC

EddieC Regular Member

Student / Coach
    Hey, if your interested, i am actually coaching at Richmond Pro during weekday afternoons
    its an adult group lesson for beginners/intermediate players on Monday and Thursday 1:00-2:30pm

you can find more info More info is on the following link http://www.richmondprobadminton.com/files/adult_grouplessons.pdf

If you have any questions
    Please feel free to contact me @ 778-628-0079
    or email me at etchan@sfu.ca or PM me

7. Whizzard

Whizzard Regular Member

Hey Alex,

If you are interested in playing on Wednesday June 20th @ 7-9pm in Richmond let me know and i will fill you in on the details. We have a core group of 4. Sometimes we have up to 6 but we can use one more tomorrow night. Level ranges from beginner/novice/intermediate and i was rated by ClearOne as "intermediate advanced" but i think i am on the low end of that spectrum.

Just PM me or reply to post.

And Eddie,

I may show up for the group lesson this thursday. What is the rate for drop in if i do not register for the remaining sessions?

#7 Whizzard, Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  8. EddieC

EddieC Regular Member

Student / Coach
    Hey whizzard, it'll be great if you can come join us on thursday !

but i am not too sure if your allowed to drop in just ONE class, it would be best to contact the admin/manager of richmond pro since i am not the one who set the rules
    You can try calling 604-231-0999

I will try to find out as well and let you know asap!

but most likely you will have to join the remaining of the sessions, which you'll be paying 78.75$ for 7 more lessons
    since 1 lesson cost 11.25$ ( 8 class for 90$)

hope its clear =)

9. Whizzard

Whizzard Regular Member

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for the quick reply. I will consider signing up then. Is the class close to capacity? Just curious.

10. EddieC

EddieC Regular Member

Student / Coach
    I don't think we have a capacity so if you want, you can invite more friends to join and enjoy as a group! Last class we had 4 students which was really good because I was able to spend more time per person ( almost 30 minutes per student since I did went overtime, since they all seem very passionate about badminton and do energetic ) If there's an increase of students, we will open more time slots. As for me, I would like to keep the number, ~10 students per class so I can spend more time on each player and see significant improvement!

11. ThisAsianGuy

Student
    Hey Whizzard,

Sorry for the late repply I was just busy and forgot to check up on my post here. But I am still very interested in finding groups to play with. If you still play on Wednesdays nights I am still willing to join.

12. Whizzard

Whizzard Regular Member

Check your PM Alex.

13. monkeylee

monkeylee Regular Member

Where do you play usually? I am always looking for new people to play with. But i always go to badminton vancouver are you wanting to play tonigh?

14. ThisAsianGuy

Student
    Hey, I usually Wednesday night with Whizzard, Lydian on Sunday afternoons or with my coworkers friday mornings. What days are you looking for?

15. Whizzard

Whizzard Regular Member

Check your PM Alex.

16. nexus7

nexus7 New Member

I'm looking for a group to play together with! Intermediate level, haven't played in a while, a little rusty but willing to practice. Free most weekday nights and weekends. Vancouver or Richmond.

If anyone is looking please let me know, thanks!
    Dan

17. ThisAsianGuy

Student
    Hey, I work nights but I play with whizzard wednesday nights. Asides from that I play sunday mornings, tuesday nights and friday mornings. Let me know what day it is best for you, and what day would you prefer to play.

18. nexus7

nexus7 New Member

Great. Check your PM.

19. Smarhiel

Smarhiel Regular Member

Student
    Hey, I am currently looking for a new group to play with considering the attendance when I play with my friends has been dropping off lately to almost nil. I am available to play on tuesday nights, wednesday nights, anytime on friday, and sometimes on saturday and sunday depending on when I have work. What are the times you guys usually play at?

I think I suck a lot, but that is probably just me being very pessimistic. I think maybe intermediate level, maybe somewhere in the middle to low end

#19 Smarhiel, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012