Xia Xuanze ( 夏煊泽 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by silvia, Aug 24, 2003.

1. silvia

silvia Regular Member

hello , does any one has his pics??/ i really think he is very cute , reallly hope to c more of his pics,.............so if u guys have his pics, please post it here....thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!!

2. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
  3. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
  4. silvia

silvia Regular Member

hai, thanks for the link......too bad i cant read chinese, anyway the pics are greats...
    thanks so much ya..................

5. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

Re: xia xuanze

Oh I'm shocked and offended, what type of person would admire a sportsperson purely for their looks I mean for shame ;)

PS I'm allowed to make this assumption since no where in a couple of posts on this topic have you mentioned his playing ability.

6. silvia

silvia Regular Member

Hello I think u made a mistake here........of coz i admire his skills too if not in the first place I would not have even notice him.....
    his badminton skills are great and his never give up spirits are the one that I respect....and having a cute face has a plus point too.........

7. Tian5

Tian5 New Member

I have his pics!

hey Sylvia, I have his pics! N I just send message for u.
    I like XXZ too~ he's wonderful. Yeah... he never give up. When he's playing, he oways fall down as he tries his best to fetch the ball! I'm touching about it. No doubt, his skill is good too.
    There's another XXZ's homepage made by his fan, but it's in Chinese....
    www.xiaxuanze.con.cn

Attached Files:

8. Jofianty

Jofianty Regular Member

Bao's homepage

Hi..guys,

anybody know about bao's homepage? does he has personal website like Xia ?
    if u have information about that please tell me, coz i'm a big fan of bao chun lai.
    i think he is a very talented player.

thx, :)

9. legal strike

legal strike Regular Member

does anyone has a nice shot of Zhang Ning in action?

10. Tian5

Tian5 New Member

Bao Chun Lai looks young~

Ha.... why suddenly ChunLai's fan come inside here?
    I've seen his page b4 ..... but now, forgot, sorry, will try to find.
    I agree that Bao is talented. n .... oso, he's still young!
    He already has the ability to beat any world's top badminton players.
    As I know, he n Xia have many fans in China while Chen Hong's fans aren't that much.
    um .... btw, bao's birthday is same month n day as Malaysia's wong choon han

11. sally

sally Regular Member

Secretary
    In fact, I love Bao very much. He is young, handsome n talent. I'm sure he will be No.1 in the near future.

12. Carbonexer

Carbonexer Regular Member

From the pic, looks like he is using Carbonex 21 from the frame shape and color for the racket. Anyone know exactly which racket was he holding?

13. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Agree 100 % !

But first improve that leg-work

and study more tactics from Yang Yang !

Strange thing about CH 's popularity in China,

I bet Wong Choon Han has more fans in China than Chen Hong !

14. silvia

silvia Regular Member

Hai guys, during indonesian open i went back to watch the final, and before that i went to see the chinese players practised, and xuanze and bao were playing against each other.......both of them very good looking, and i saw xuanze keep giving advise to bao,,and guess wat, xuanze called bao 'suai ke' (Handsome guy)............

15. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Well Bao must thank Xia for the advise,

he just beat Xia in Msia Open, now how is it going to affect Xia's

Olympics qualification!

16. whizkelv

whizkelv Regular Member

Well, no worries actually!
    Xia is still firm in the 3rd position of world ranking list despite skipping the 5* Indon Open last week.
    Winning the 7* WC really make a huge difference!

I would say Chen Hong and Xia is almost assured of the Athens ticket from China team. The remaining slot shall be fiercely contested between Bao, Lin Dan, Chen Yu and Wu YY.

17. silvia

silvia Regular Member

hello guys....is there any website that have updating news of china players in English???????????..............pls let me know thanks................................

18. nauknip

nauknip Regular Member

Translated article: Xia Xuanze

With a tinge of rebelliousness, and a desire to stand out - A closeup on a world-class player Xia Xuanze
    By Liang Yan

Different people hold different opinions about Xia Xuanze. To his fans, their deepest impression of him is his never-say-die attitude on court and that famous "Big-mouth" smile of his. To his juniors, he is the ever affable big brother. To Wong Choong Hann whom he has defeated 8 times consecutively, he has yet become a crafty opponent. As one of best men's singles players in the Chinese team, Xia Xuanze is always shuttling here and there during tournaments. I could only gather bits and pieces of him between matches to form a charismatic "Big-mouth Xia".

In the eyes of the players and journalists from other countries, Chinese players appear to be very mysterious as the interviews have to be conducted through an appointed interpreter within the team and the answers given are always standard and politically correct. Xia Xuanze was the first one to break the barrier by learning a little English on his own. Although still not very proficient, he would not let go of any opportunity to speak it. Be it in an interview or just chatting with foreign players, as long as he understands, he would try his best to reply in English. After a period of practice, Xia Xuanze has become half an interpreter of the Chinese team. According to Xia himself, he is one who is full of curiosity towards new things. Besides taking part in tournaments, going abroad also enhances his life experiences. He wants to use English as the key to the door of another world. At the same time, he hopes to change the "unapproachable" image of the Chinese players. Therefore, he often takes the initiative to interact with the foreign media and players. "Although I am not as fluent as professional interpreters, I have the sincerity." When he used English to invite American journalists to visit Beijing, and when he boldly questioned the IBF during a press conference, the Chinese journalists all felt a sense of pride in the new generation of Chinese players.

Xia Xuanze was once regarded as the "lei xiaozi" (refers to materialistic and decadent youths) of the team for he would always have a cup of Starbucks coffee in his hand wherever he goes. He is however in any case not one who idolizes western culture. He once mentioned that he enjoys reading books on history and appreciates Yue Fei's "Man Jiang Hong" (loosely translated as River Awashed in Red) most of all, but he could only recite it most expressively and indignantly when he loses a match. It was a pity I did not get a chance to hear him recite it when he won at the World Championships.

When writing about Xia Xuanze's badminton career, Wong Choong Hann is one person that cannot be left out. In their 8 head-to-heads, Xia Xuanze had put the 'big brother' of the Malaysian team to shame. For this reason, Wong Choong Hann considers Xia Xuanze his craftiest opponent. Yet Xia Xuanze remarked with an innocent face, "Look at me. Would you consider me a crafty person?" In contrast to Wong Choong Hann's fear for Xia Xuanze, Xia Xuanze actually feels a little intimidated by some of the defensive players he meets on court. "I had been defeated 4 times by Hendrawan and lost numerous times to Ong Ewe Hock. But I have never been afraid of them. I heard that Wong Choong Hann has already found a way to conquer me, so I really look forward to meeting him in the China Open.

Without question, Xia Xuanze is famous for his self-confidence. When I mentioned that he looked dashing in one of the advertisements he did, he held up his head and went, "But of course! I've been very photogenic all along!"

19. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    great article.. he is indeed a big mouth in the team. We will see how will he fare when he face wong choon han. :)

20. SJ_Tan

SJ_Tan Regular Member

Student
    Haha..a nice and interesting article thats for sure! :D

I wonder what new tactic Wong Choong Hann is going to use to conquer Xia if they meet in the China open!