User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for me, i'll choose ns9900 right hakim ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes! Why I am so in love with the NS9900 racquet after trying more than 15 different racquets is that:
    As my wristwork is not strong, i can 'carry' and utilise it to the FULLEST.
    My game if needed to go to 3 rounds, the intensity i can carry is consistent.
    Consistent powerful smashes again and again and again. i can go steep or the other way round.
    Front of the court, my racquet swings fast.
    Defensive movement is better and more consistent.
    Accurate placements due to the stiff shaft.
    Its just so nice for me, i dont know why...

*Take note i used to come from a head heavy racquet person, so if ur like me, getting the NS9900 might be abit hard to tame at first due to the timing difference, but patience is a virtue, once you can master it and use it to the fullest, it will do you wonders.... I used to and can carry head heavy racquets ie: AT700 being my most favourite but since i have stopped/slowed down my training sessions for almost 2/3 years, i cant maximise it anymore..

I have since sold off my other racquets along the process like the vt80, at700, at900p lcw, vt70 NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT GOOD BUT, BUT i MYSELF is unable to carry and utilise it to the FULLEST. the vt80 for me is one of the best racquets, but i know i cant utilise it 100% on the game so i have to make sacrifices... but at least i know its now with a good person
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSmasherKing View Post
    for me, i'll choose ns9900 right hakim ?

3. Likes GiantQ, TheSmasherKing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the idea is to get the heaviest racket that you can maneuver easily and properly. So it has to be slightly too heavy when you are holding way back behind the handle, just ok when you are hold it mid-back (normal), and then really superfast light when you are holding up on the cone. This way during a game you can have the benefits of easy smash, but be able to hold up for net stuff.

Then maybe to help your forearm wrist get stronger, you might want to increase the weight a tiny tiny bit. Too big and your technique goes out the window. This should be done after you have the correct technique.

I see so many (not that well-built) beginners running around with VT80, and they will never get that nice efficient classy pointsmashing technique, and usually just end up with a well-honed flat panhandle gansta smash. Because even if they knew how to smash (and they dont), they wouldnt physically be able to do it. Technique is often just experimenting until you accidentally do it correctly, then remember that feeling and repeat it. An observant friend/coach can help, but its up to the player to develop that understanding themselves. Now with a too heavy racket, you will never find the right technique in 100 years of experimentation, since even if you do you cant physically execute it.

The heavy rackets probably dont actually help all that much in smashing, since the heavier head usually results in slower swing speed. The actual good thing about heavier rackets is that they are more forgiving. If you stuff up the shot slightly, especially when you are caught out in a bad position, the heavier racket can be the difference between 3/4 court (a bit scared), and 1/2 court (oh sh*t i die).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all e advice and guidance. INdeed provide me good understanding and insights on finding the right racket to fits your own profile. Will try out different rackets to seek for the true THE ONE.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally got my ARc7 and use it today first tiMe! Took me no time to adapt...it was smooth and sweet...a couple of times more I guess it be a perfect racket!

7. Likes AezranHakim liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to know my friend!!! Maximise it to the fullest and once you can carry it to the best then it awesome! Arc7 is for me quite sexy in terms of feeling.. hahahahaha.. if you have the spare cash go for the NS9900 too... rated stiff but absolutely perfect in my hands! you can take all the smashes from your opponents with ease but since its rated stiff if your shuttle goes halfcourt, its not sexy anymore, hahaa.. cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantQ View Post
    Finally got my ARc7 and use it today first tiMe! Took me no time to adapt...it was smooth and sweet...a couple of times more I guess it be a perfect racket!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha certainly Hakim, tts in my plan...to try out NS9900...haha...prob look for a 2nd hand one...=D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have two still very good NS9900's for sale. One JPs edition and one BX (Benelux) edition, if you are interested send me PM!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, guess its everyone dream of trying different racket...i am still happy with my ARC7, but wish to try out light defensive racket like the NR700FX. Tried NS9900 but too stiff for my liking. Anyone tried NR700FX before?

Basically choose this model because of its medium stiff shaft...dun tink i am ready for stiff racket yet...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not looking for other brands? Victor or Li-Ning?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont mind actually, just more familiar with Yonex. What is the similar specs from Victor and Lining?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2