Playing Style/Technique Tired Your Opponent

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Ng Su Tien, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Ng Su Tien

Ng Su Tien Regular Member

What's Your playing style/technique that tired your opponent.:rolleyes:

Let's share it out here....;)

Untitled.jpg

Lets begin with Blue(you) ,Black(opponent)...

Super Effective for right handle player.

1) Your Opponent(black) serve.....the second hit must push the shuttlecock fast and speed up...make it fly over to the back of your opponent's left hand side in a sudden....(for right handle usually weak at their left side)

2) The shuttle fast enough...your opponent surely using backhand to return back the shuttle to you. Once their back hand weak enough...surely the shuttlecock will be in the middle of the court (it's the best chance to let you smash or just a slightly push on your shuttlecock over the net :D)

3) If your opponent strong enough to return the shuttle....your next drop point will be at position 3....from position 2 run over to position 3 is the longest distance in badminton court.....use your skill and drop point to makes your opponent tired...:)

That's always 4 point to aim...Front Net Left, Front Net Right, Back Court Left and Back Court Right....:D
    Once you can handle and aim very accurate , everything will be easier in every match...

That's the way i play.....:p

2. Pizza Fish

Pizza Fish Regular Member

its a good strategy, but if your opponent does the same to you, might it be good to change things up once in while right?

3. Ng Su Tien

I will just let my friend do the same to me...it doesn't affect me...Cause i'm strong enough in my backhand...:D
    Hohohoh...Normally i'll return back with backhand smash to them....:p
    That's why i'm using this strategy.....If using this strategy...another best thing you must have...

Best net skill....Make it more stick and close to the net....It's very helpful in every game...;)

4. B@dEyes

B@dEyes Regular Member

Most player wouldn't get tired from a 1 or 2 shots rally.

I can imagine you winning the point, but not tiring out your opponent.

5. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    as long as you can move them diagonally, they will get tired. Be prepared for them to do the same back to you. ;) Mind game. ;)

6. coachgary

coachgary Regular Member

It's a good strategy but also exposes your backhand side if your a right hander. Yes you are making them move the full diagaonal but it doesn't involve a change of direction so is fairly easy to reach. You could return with a straight drop instead which has a little more surprise about it as they'd be expecting you to play into the long crosscourt diagonal, plus they would have to travel a similar distance plus a direction change!

7. Ng Su Tien

I did it repeat twice only....The third shot will be playing drive with my opponent...in the middle centre of court....
    Once they get it...surely run to the same point to wait for shots...but the third i will drive to them....sometimes side straight drop...;)

8. Ng Su Tien

Untitled.png

The MOST Important Key in Badminton game is PLAY IT WIDE

The Coloured Point is always will be my Droping Point in every game...:)

If arrange it in order....

Opponent serve......
    Right Back Court > Left Front Drop > Left Back Court > Right Front Drop > Left Front Drop(last)

If Playing using this way....I can sure that the last drop will be a big surprise and threat drop for your opponent....The last drop will be your winning point....;)

9. b.leung

b.leung Regular Member

Against average opponents:
    I'm not saying I play like LCW, but most often, when that happens (attacking clear), I leap from my base position to intercept the bird with a fast drop cross-court or a smash down the line. Winning the point on the third shot every other rally should not tire anyone out.
    My opponent will then switch to a high defensive clear. This gives me even more time to pick my shot and get to the bird, this will not tire anyone out.

Against better players, they won't even bother with this type of service return.
    Tiring out the opponent is out-maneuvering them in the rally. Not on the service return.
    The higher level players will either do a net shot or do a mid court push past the server.

10. Ng Su Tien

Do you hav any better strategies or personal techniques ??? :rolleyes:

11. Jonster

Jonster Regular Member

University Student
    Of course there are other strategies that will work a hell of a lot better with other players. Your situation works well with those without a backhand or without knowledge of a suitable reply according to your strength's and weaknesses. You set up your own situation where everything goes your way, not where they would be able to out-maneuver you and that is a big part of singles.

So are there any better strategies? Probably, but that comes down to your strength's/weaknesses and your opponents strength's/ weaknesses.

You 'strategy' was more of a tactic though

12. Ng Su Tien

Agree with you...That's for sure I did change my strategy when it's not work for my opponent...
    For sure that is not set up a plan to beat every players...
    Just some of the players...:p

It's not TOTALLY work....but MINORITY work as well....;)

13. b.leung

b.leung Regular Member

making your opponent twist and turn will always work, regardless of the level of play.
    the problem then comes, do you have enough skills to make your opponent twist and turn.

definition of twisting and turning:
    medium speed drive to initial the attack (straight)
    fast drive past the opponent's body (forehand side)
    tight net shot (backhand side)

tight net shot to opponent's forehand side
    net kill into the body OR drive past their body on backhand side

attacking clear (backhand side)
    mid court push pass the opponent's body (backhand side) as they're trying to get to the recovery position

there are so many options, watch some international play and you'll be inspired by some of their combinations of shots to set this up

LCW and PG are pretty good at out-maneuvering opponents
    LD does too, but not as much as PG and LCW.

14. Ng Su Tien

Watch it.....the strategies i mentioned....i don't think it's doesn't work at all...:)
    Definitely as same as the strategies i mentioned....:rolleyes:

[video=youtube;om5nXnjvqxg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om5nXnjvqxg[/video]