Yonex Voltric 80 vs. Victor Brave Sword 10

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by smidsy1985, Jun 13, 2012.

1. smidsy1985

smidsy1985 Regular Member

Hi there,

I'm now playing with the Yonex VT 80, but there's something why I can't say that I'm 100% satisfied.
    I'm thinking of buying the Victor Brave Sword 10, but what are the main differences and the similarities between these two rackets.
    What about the weight, balance, stiffness, and handling speed, and overall feel?
    What are the most important cons and pro's of eachs racket?
    I hope that someone can make my decision any easier.

Greetings
    Erik.

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    main difference would be the BS is more even balanced while the VT is head heavy. the VT also has a fairly stiff shaft while the BS has a somewhat medium shaft (at least to me). the VT is about 50 dollars more than the BS (at least here in Northern California). i see more people use the VT as a doubles racket and the BS as a singles racket.

a stiffer shaft requires a quicker swing speed so it's better for doubles, a reaction game. and a more flexible shaft allows slower swing speed, singles game.

i would recommend you demo both rackets and see which feels good in your hand.

3. smidsy1985

smidsy1985 Regular Member

Hi gundamzaku,

Thanks for your reply are there bc'ers that can confirm this and give me an detailed comparison
    I thought the Bs 10 would be a better doubles racket because it is quicker trough the air and is overall a faster racket.
    Correct me if i'm wrong but is the bs 10 a more powerfull racket wich is easier to get the power out, because the shaft is stiffer.
    Does somebody knows if the BS 10 will be in production for a while, or is the last batch arrived, and will it be replaced soon??

Greetings
    Erik

4. Benito

Benito Regular Member

Hello,

I don't play with BS10 but the "new" BS11 (with only "sword" on the frame) and with Z Force 4U. For me Z Force is really good in double, super reactive. BS11 is designed for singles while the new BS10, less head heavy and stiffer than BS11, is designed for doubles normally. I think it would be difficult to be more powerful than Z Force, but I am interested in BS10 too! (for sure more maneuverable and maybe very reactive)