Yonex MP27, Winex MM99 & Winex MM100

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by graphite, Aug 25, 2003.

1. graphite

graphite Regular Member

Student
    Hi guys! Can anyone give me the complete technical specs and a little review on the Yonex MP27? I tried searching but all I could get was bits of information and nothing complete. How does the MP27 rank with the Winex MM99 3U and MM100 3U? I'm choosing between the three rackets for my next purchase. I have read from mongoose's post that the MM99 has better balance and is faster but MM100 packs a little more power. I'm currently using a Prince TT Bolt, 86+/-2g, 290mm balance with medium flex. I'm a doubles player with a combination of deceptive, control and attack play (so you can say I'm an all-around type). :) Which would better suit me? How much are these rackets in US$?

I was also thinking of getting another Bolt but if these rackets have better performance, then I choose the better one. I'm not planning on using my next racket as a backup one, but rather as a replacement when my Prince gets broken since it already has some cracks on it.

2. ttktom

ttktom Regular Member

well i can give u a little review on it.

i played with one 4 1 month as it was a demo racket.

the Mp 27 is a good little racket prvides good amount of power it's quite light. you can kill off the shuttle.

clears: well good at clearing u need a little bit of power to provide it with the full court clear as it can tend to give a little mid court clear and u can angle ur clears pretty easy too i'd give it 7.5/10 for clears

Smashes: this is wot it's designed for good smashes and good angles for smashes it maybe the lower down MP's but it can still deliver a good powerful smash. as it has a good sweet spot too. it can deliver an ok smash even if u hit it off the sweet spot. so for smashes 8/10.

Control: well it has a decent amount of control for net shots and drop shot's little has to be done to get a good tight net shot so yeah if ur a placent player yeah this racket would meet ur needs if u don't expect 2 much of it 7.5/10

backhands: Back hand clears can be done with ease a qiuck flick of the wrist and a little arm movement and it will give u a good backhand clear and it's not bad to angle it either. i tend to struggle wiv a backhand smash with this racket. overall 7.5/10

overall i would reccomend this racket to people who have a budget but want a pretty good amout of power with control. good for Beginners/intermediate's/upper players who don't want a fast as F**k smash. ( excuse the language):) overall score of 7.5/10 yeah i would reccomend u this racket hope this review helps. :)

3. ttktom

ttktom Regular Member

here is the spec of the MP 27

Flex: medium
    Weight (unstrung): 95 - 98g
    Grip Size: G3
    Frame Composition: H.M. Graphite / Ti
    Shaft Composition: H.M. Graphite

:)

4. ttktom

ttktom Regular Member

forgot to say that the MP 27 would be about $85 USD Roughly. :)

5. graphite

graphite Regular Member

Student
    ttktom, so your saying that the MP27 doesnt give a very fast smash? I'm looking to add more power into my game.

p.s.

How much are the Winex MM99's and MM100's?

#5 graphite, Aug 27, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2003
  6. PoseidonLee

PoseidonLee Regular Member

Technician
    I did not use the mp27 before, but it was in my shortlist when I was choosing a racket last week.

What I know abt it is ... ya, it's stiffness is medium etc ... but what made me forgo it is that the mp27 is not made in japan.(at least not those sold here in singapore)

The price for mp27 in singapore is abt S$110 strung with BG66 if u know where to find them.

Why not u consider mp33 which is made in japan and accordingly is a more powerful racket? Price is S$150 again strung with BG66.

Btw, I settled for the mp77 finally and I think it is really a great racket. It's the new even balance version and general a good amount of power! And I dun find using it tiring me out ... maybe because it is also 2U, the same as my previous CAB20 Special.

Fyi, mp77 is abt S$170 ... mine is strung with BW470 (kena cheated, never check properly, suppose to be with BG66!!! haha!!)
    ;)

7. ttktom

ttktom Regular Member

i never said it didnot have a very fast smash it has a fast smash not a very fast smash Wot do u expect for an $85 racket it not gonna give the power of a MP 99/100

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    please check your mp27 again, i think mp27 comes in 3U only.
    Did u got 8 and 9 confused?