where to play in richmond??

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by mojoe, Aug 25, 2003.

1. mojoe

mojoe Regular Member

student
    hey everyone,
    i just moved over here to BC and i was wondering where are some places that i can go for drop-in sessions in richmond BC besides UBC intramurals. hope to hear from u guys soon! thanks.

-mojoe

2. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
  3. Traum

Traum Regular Member

Hey Mojoe. Welcome to Vancouver! I'm sure you'll love the badminton scene here.

In Richmond, the best badminton facility is arguably ClearOne Badminton Center. Check them out at http://www.clearonebadminton.com . You should also look into Cambie Community Center and Richmond Badminton Club.

If you have access to a vehicle, I would strongly encourage you to come to Britannia Secondary / Community Center on Fridays from 7 - 10pm. Collingwood Neighbourhood House at Joyce / Kingsway / E41st on Sundays from 12 to 2:30, I believe, is also a good choice. The people who regularly play at these two places are quite good, and you'll definitely have a good time.

I also play with a private group on Thursdays from 7 to 9pm in northeast Richmond near Highway 91 / Westminster Highway / Annacis Island. The players there come in a wide range of skill levels. If you're interested in giving that a try, please PM me as this group is by invitation only.

I'll see you around!

-Rick

#3 Traum, Aug 25, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2003
  4. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Mojoe, if you go to Traum's private group, count me in too :) PLEEEEASE Rick? :D

5. mojoe

mojoe Regular Member

student
    thanks u guys

hey thanks for the reply guys,
    Traum, thanks a lot for the invitation, but Annacis Island is a bit too far for me since i dont have a car with me. For now, i think i'll stick with Clearone as it is within walking distance from where i live and that i dont have a car either. Maybe we can meet up at Clearone soon before school starts for me!

Also, i think that you guys were right about Clearone, it really is a good facility. The best one that i've seen if i compare it to the ones in the GTA. I just went today for drop-in by myself and had a game with monica and this brown guy... got killed both games, but had to play in socks cuz my court shoes havent arrived yet... :(... Also talked with Darryl for a bit and he's really friendly. Only thing is that its not really a club so its kinda hard for me to go there to play in a group since i dont know anyone here yet. but all in all Clearone is a very very good facility, hard to find... but worth it once u get there!