Beginner/Intermediate badminton shoes

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Js2__, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Js2__

Js2__ Regular Member

ITE Student
    Hi everyone, I am thinking of investing in a pair of badminton shoes, but I do not have the cash for those top end models that cost hundreds and doesn't last..

I'm looking for some durable and good badminton shoes that can last.. a good budget range would be <$50..

Currently using a pair of asics running shoe to play badminton, haha :)

Would love to have some suggestion/recommendation, thanks a lot :)

2. jackbeam888

jackbeam888 Regular Member

IT consultant
    get a cheap indoor court shoe, yonex or kronos in sportslink, or go to changi point for nike ,adidas outlets

3. MeowMeowCats

MeowMeowCats Regular Member

http://www.racketsupply.com/badmintonshoes.aspx

They sell good priced shoes. I had my victor vt-71 (might be different number) for a good few years (3-4). It sometimes is slippery, I'm not sure if its due to how long I worn it for or the shoe; but thats what the towels are for! Also, the cushioning isn't great, but you can compensate by getting insoles.

I had a few people who said the kasons were adequate too.

4. Porky

Porky Regular Member

It's really quite difficult to get a durable and good badminton shoes for $50....perhaps abt $70-80 u can try some mizuno shoes which is really lasting and have good cushioning.....for <$50 i would suggest u go JB and look out for some protech/apacs/yone shoes models that actually imitate those high-end Yonex models....but of course quality not as good as those high-end models...try not to buy those low-end <$50 Yonex shoes....confirmed open mouth very fast 1....hehe

5. Js2__

Js2__ Regular Member

ITE Student
    Hmm, I'll try looking for them in sportslink, how can you tell if a pair of shoes is a badminton shoes? are there any specific model range that I should look for?