Nanoray 100 VS Voltric 9?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Satoshi, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

Hi all bc members, I personally cannot choose which racquet to buy over those 2..
    I am a player that is weak in lobbing( cannot reach base line oftenly) average wrist power, able to make do average smash, jump smash, drive. Can do almost perfect backhand drop from baseline but not backhand clear.
    - Preferred singles, but still love playing doubles,

Voltric 9- Head heavy
    I had tried using Voltric 9 ( Blue ) before, it was my friend's and I found that the hitting sound was good, the feel of the racquet is quite decent too. I may buy the ltd edition of voltric 9 If I had decided to buy this model.
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/107381-Yonex-Voltric-9-VT9

Nanoray100 - Head Light

So, I had never tried or hold this racquet before.. the paint job is the thing that had 1st made me pay attention to it. Also, it's the newest Nanoray series model released (2012) I did some research and Yonex labeled it as repulsive as Nanospeed 9900. Anyone that had tried this racquet, can you please give me a short review about it?
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/107382-Yonex-Nanoray-100-NR100?highlight=nanoray+100

Or, can anyone suggest me a model? I can consider myself all-round player, Quite balance between attacking and defensive play. Average budget - RM300. Can also try other brands like Victor, most favoured brand is still Yonex

Thanks in advance :)

#1 Satoshi, Jun 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  2. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

Update: Since I cannot edit the thread for some reasons, I am also in the hang of choosing between these 3 victor models.

Super waves 35,36,37
    Basically, all 3 are under my budget. After reading some reviews in these forum and comments by the forumers, I think this is quite a suitable racquet.

Can anyone tell me the differences of all 3 models? Thanks.

#2 Satoshi, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  3. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

The main difference between them is the stiffness. SW35 extra stiff, 36 stiff, 37 mid stiff. According to your description of your playing ability, the 37 should be the best since the more flexible shaft will help you with those clears and power shots.

4. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

Thanks for your reply :). My Nanoray100 has a flexible shaft , I find it quite uncomfortable, it doesnt bend much and also the same time, hard to swing, it takes alot of energy. I grip it with YonexAC102EX Overgrip. Is the sw37 stiffer then my NR 100? I am basically aiming for SW 35 or 36 as they are much more stiffer.

#4 Satoshi, Jun 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  5. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

Sorry corrections - Nanoray 20*

6. BlueTornado

If it has a flexible shaft and you find that it doesn't bend much, then there's a different problem here... you shouldn't be going for a stiffer shaft if that's the case. Sounds more like a technique problem that you should work on to reach the baseline on your clears. I would fix that first and then who knows, maybe the 35 will be best for you.

7. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

Thanks very much :). I'll try to improve my worst weakness of all, baseline clears .But then.. you have no ideas about VT9 and NR100?

8. BlueTornado

Eh, NR100 to be honest won't make much of a difference compared to your NR20, not worth it. VT9 seems to be a decent racket according to reviews but is fairly head heavy and stiff so doesn't seem like the best choice for right now.

9. Jason98

Jason98 Regular Member

just go to a local shop and try all the rackets you posted, and choose the one with the one that you think has the best feel, because a racket is based a personal preference after all.

10. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

Thanks all for the replies, and jason- yes, I had already spotted a shop that sell all of them. I may just test feel NR100, SW 35 or maybe SW 36 or 37. But not so soon, as I'm still in the midst of saving money. It will be awkward for me to go and test but not buying any :)

11. John JY Wong

John JY Wong Regular Member

Businessman
    May I suggest Voltric VT3 / VT5 / VT7 and the ArcSaber ARC001 / ARC002 ?

12. amleto

amleto Regular Member

Does not compute. If you cant clear properly, you cant jump smash properly either.

If you can't even clear properly, there is no way you should be going for sw35 extra stiff racket.

That doesn't make any sense at all. A flexible racket is too stiff, so you will get a stiffer one! :rolleyes::rolleyes::crying:

13. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

I just realised, eventhough Yonex labelled my Nanoray 20 as flexible, it is actually quite stiff.
    And for those clears, It is actually quite okay, can actually reach the baseline but not strong enough. Anyways, I'm still amateur in all these facts. Basically, I only learned about all this a few months ago so I screwed up. I kind
    of described it wrongly, but do not bother to correct it.. Sorry.

#13 Satoshi, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  14. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

Basically, I am only aiming for these 3 models now. headheavy - voltric 9 ltd or victor super waves and headlight-braveswords

15. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

Sorry, but actually I am aiming for something else... anyway Thanks for taking your time commenting :)

16. amleto

amleto Regular Member

voltric 9 is a stiff racket - much more so than nanoray 20. braveswords and super waves dont have many (any?) flexible rackets in their lineups either.

personally, I would advise you to spend the money on coaching instead. If not, just pick whichever one looks prettiest or is advertised by your favourite player.

17. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

Basically, my friend has a voltric9 and I asked him to lend it to me for a few sessions and it appears to be quite promising. So basically, I can aim for stiff ones. I believe my level is slightly higher then intermediate.

18. amleto

amleto Regular Member

At first you say you can barely reach the baseline on clears, now you are higher then[sic] intermediate.
    And you think the NR100 feels stiff. I get the feeling that you are just benefiting from the head-heaviness of the vt9. I believe you would further benefit from a more flexible head-heavy racket e.g. vt3/5/7/60/70.

However, you are not interested in those rackets because...?

19. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

Sorry, I myself did not knew what was I typing at that time. So basically, I feel that NR 20 is much heavier then the ultra light weight VT9 (even most of my friend says so). Since I'm not a so expert in describing and stuffs, I feel that my NR20 is lacking something. It is the lowest-end model for the nanoray series too.
    And yes, in the beginning when I begin to even hold VT9 I can feel that it is somehow different from my NR20 ( should be the head heaviness) and it is hard to wield it. Now, I feel much better with VT9 , but still okay with NR20. I think I will go aiming for a stiff racquet.

Just broke the string for NR20 this tuesday -
    Stringed using Yonex ES5 Protech @ 24lbs ( recommended) with bg 68 titanium
    2months.

#19 Satoshi, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  20. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

So basically, I think I am going for the braveswords and the super waves series. vt70 should be good. but is really over my budget. As for voltric 60.. hmm. Overall, I am just a high school kid. Sorry for all the trouble :)

The superwaves are way cheaper and I am still considering for braveswords.

#20 Satoshi, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012