Shoes size

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by cyteh84, Jun 18, 2012.

1. cyteh84

cyteh84 Regular Member

Hi,

I just twisted/sprained my ankle during the weekends. I think my shoes might be the issue here...I recently bought Yonex SHB 86EX size 7.5. My shoes size is 7 but normally when I buy a shoes (trainer) I picked size 8 or 8.5 even 9.

So after I wore a thick Yonex socks the shoes fit tightly around my feet. Is that the right size for a badminton shoes? Should you pick a shoes that has some gaps or tight fit?

Thanks,

Stephen

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Half size bigger is fine if you wear thicker cushioned sport socks. But not 2 sizes bigger!

3. cyteh84

cyteh84 Regular Member

but I think half size is still too small as it's really a snug fit after I wear a thick socks...sigh...I have been having a few twists of ankle after I bought the shoes and last weekends is the wost... I have never had any sort of twists before that... I might have to buy a new shoes or thinner socks... Thanks

4. visor

visor Regular Member

Before you get new shoes, try a thinner pair of socks and see. Make sure you tie it snug after you put your feet in. You should not be able to pull your feet out without loosening the laces.