User Tag List

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    it seems that durability is the same. Aeroplane still last longest. but somehow i feel that the crispness on impact is worse than before.

i went through the gym today looking for used Aeroplane Black. the low quality one has now completely penetrated the market. i cannot even find any old high quality ones anymore.
    Yeah, I got my order more recently (April 2012) and it looks like I've got the newer "low quality" ones so far. Just based on the last time I played, I ended up using four shuttlecocks. Three had the normal wear, but one came out with the same warping in the leather around the cork base. It's been a bit more humid in Bintang the past two weeks, so it's harder to do an apples-to-apples comparison on the durability.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

aside from the crispness. i am also suspecting that the quality of the feather is worse than before.

the older high quality ones usually just fray over time and slows down by a lot. while the rib of the feather remain intact. that's kinda the signature of the Aeroplane Black.

however, a quick visual comparison i noticed that newer ones the feather tends to break apart completely, or break apart halfway. which is rather uncharacteristics of Aeroplane Black.

since i have both types in the same speed, i will attempt to use them in games next week to see if i can see a pattern.

there will also be close inspection of the feather although that is usually hard to do.

so far not looking very bright for the new batch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by goodfunsmash View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion!
    This is the absolute number one on the list that we are working with the factory. However, there are challenges, mainly cost and shortage of the cork materials.
    Is there any way we can recycle the old birdie's cork to the factory to solve this shortage problem. We just throw away the shuttlecock after 1 or 2 games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my, this could explain why my Aeroplane blacks suck recently! The only reason why I was willing to buy them was because I thought they would last long! I go through a few birds every game now. I havent used any other brand other than Aeroplane black for many years, but recently bought a tube of zelm as its way cheaper and lasts about as long as the new aero blacks. Why pay premium price when it's going to deform just as fast!
    Last edited by Optiblue; 07-01-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have recently bought aeroplane black shuttles in Australia. I have noticed that the feathers break out easily and sometimes it's hard to use them for one game. I compared them with a batch of Aeroplane green shuttles i had and found actually those were better and durable than the black one i received.

I was playing with Aeroplane green shuttles for a while and moved to black ones co'z i've seen many ppl saying they are durable than the green ones. Heavily dissapointed.

I've cut and check the cork and it is natural so no problem with that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Optiblue View Post
    Oh my, this could explain why my Aeroplane blacks suck recently! The only reason why I was willing to buy them was because I thought they would last long! I go through a few birds every game now. I havent used any other brand other than Aeroplane black for many years, but recently bought a tube of zelm as its way cheaper and lasts about as long as the new aero blacks. Why pay premium price when it's going to deform just as fast!
    Can you do us a favour? Can you cut open a used Zelm shuttle and post a pic here for comparison? And where did you buy them from? I'm still looking for the ideal shuttle at a cheap price. Thanks.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woody83 View Post
    I have recently bought aeroplane black shuttles in Australia. I have noticed that the feathers break out easily and sometimes it's hard to use them for one game. I compared them with a batch of Aeroplane green shuttles i had and found actually those were better and durable than the black one i received.

I was playing with Aeroplane green shuttles for a while and moved to black ones co'z i've seen many ppl saying they are durable than the green ones. Heavily dissapointed.

I've cut and check the cork and it is natural so no problem with that.
    i collected more new/bad Aeroplane Blacks from the gym and they all have severely broken feathers. either snapped in the middle or a feather snapped as whole.

the old durable Aeroplane Blacks are gone. i am afraid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just for fun i cut one of the LN A300+ from last practise.. seems to be a two piece construction? but it seems to be pure cork anyway :-).. And they dont deform.

Name:  A300_cut.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  67.8 KB

/T

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi

I just bought some fresh-manufactured aeroplanes black that, according the the importer, just arrived freshly made from the Aeorplane factory, and I cut them in half after playin' a bit with them.

Let me try to upload the pic:

Name:  IMG_5719m.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  115.6 KB

this looks like semi-synthetic.
    Let me ask the importer for comments
    Zynex

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    Can you do us a favour? Can you cut open a used Zelm shuttle and post a pic here for comparison? And where did you buy them from? I'm still looking for the ideal shuttle at a cheap price. Thanks.
    Sure I'll cut them open this sat. They're actually Hang Yu No.1 Aqua, I couldn't edit the brand in my post earlier I'll see if I can get my hands on some Zelm in the coming weeks. I bought it off Tedski on the forums who orders it directly from the Rep. I'll be honest, although Aeroplane blacks die easily now, I still like the feel over many brands. But at $8-10 difference PER tube it's getting hard to justify using them just for the feel when the durability sucks. I really hope Aeroplane decides to go back to the old formula, as currently Yonex AS50's are only a little more for the full cork.

I was talking to others about this thread and some were very disappointed and couldn't believe that a company that was known for quality has decided that the bottom line was more important. I think we could all agree that we would have been less let down had these actually been fakes or if there was at least an announcement so we can consider our options. Finding the fact after user led investigations makes us all feel a little cheated. Being the only company with the 3rd cork SURFACE layer almost seems like a scam because definately hides the changes. At least the other companies with 2 layer synthetic you can clearly see it! We've played badminton for 15 years and not once have any of us thought about cutting the shuttles in half to analyze. I'm glad to have this community around because although I felt something was wrong with my new batch, I probably wouldn't have figured it out
    Last edited by Optiblue; 07-03-2012 at 06:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    i collected more new/bad Aeroplane Blacks from the gym and they all have severely broken feathers. either snapped in the middle or a feather snapped as whole.

the old durable Aeroplane Blacks are gone. i am afraid.
    Too bad for me... I actually got 10 tubes and if they are that bad, waste of money

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think my school club got ~100 tubes of aeroplane blacks from shuttlecock101...kinda doubt its the good batch.
    but we're almost done with em

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too bad for me... I actually got 10 tubes and if they are that bad, waste of money
    I contacted the supplier and they are promising that the shuttles are not fake and no one complained

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I contacted the supplier and they are promising that the shuttles are not fake and no one complained
    The issue is not that they are fake, but rather that lately, the legitimate Aeroplane shuttles are of lower quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, now you can be the first and show others this thread

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My coach mentioned that he could get Yonex AS50s for $24/tube on a bulk buy from Taiwan. Is that a good price?

I'm wondering if I should take up his offer. Cuz I'm currently paying those prices trying out different shuttles anyways. I was hoping to find something suitable and maybe pay around $15-20 per tube on a bulk buy. It's nice to play with A+++ shuttles once in a while (even if I'm not that good)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

not sure if this idea was covered and if it was, sorry for the repost, but is there anyway we can recycled the cork? i see a lot of people reuse used birdies for practice/warmup purposes, but i also see a lot of people just toss the birdies to the trash after they are done. if there's a way to recycled or reuse natural cork maybe it will help with the shortage, and better for the environment?

on a more negative note, the price of the shuttles might still be higher if there is a cork recycling system. the reason for this hypothesis is that i see paper being more expensive when it's recycled paper, the higher the % of paper being made from recycled material, the higher the price. what do you guys think???

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast