User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phansus View Post
    I have recently imported a new batch of Aeroplane Black shuttles from China. The quality is top notch. Birdie lasts on average 1.5 games (15 point system) with rigorous play. The model I have is EG1130 with the pointed tip. The shuttle flies really really well and it definitely feels like an yonex As40 or As50.

Anyone can enlighten me on the difference between pointed tip and rounded tip shuttles? Thank you!
    Was cork deformed after play? Did you cut a cork and see its structure? Is it 3 layered? Pls give more info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the corks are slightly deformed at the end when they are no longer usable. i hvnt got the chance to cut it, i will cut one and post the structure as soon as i can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:  IMG_4228.jpg
Views: 1099
Size:  47.1 KBName:  IMG_4229.jpg
Views: 1110
Size:  48.6 KB

Corks are definitely made of 3 layers with the middle layer being particularly thicker than other 3 layered shuttlecock heads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The cork on the EG1130 that we bought from shuttlecock101 are also three layered like this picture. I'm not sure how long they've been doing this, but I thought that I had noticed some deterioration in the look and longevity of the shuttle over the past year or so. We had taken an economic break from them to play with Wilson 80, so may have missed the moment when the cork was changed. The ones we have get a deformed cork pretty quickly. I'm struggling to say for sure that they don't last as long, but they don't feel as good as I remember them being. But I may be looking back on them with rose-tinted spectacles.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone have an idea where to get them from in Europe (Germany) or Asia?
    I got ours from shuttlecock.biz but since 2 months I canīt get in contact with the owner anymore, even though we kinda know him...
    No idea what is wrong.
    Is there an (e-mail) address from the factory itself?

We also have the 3-layered cork shuttles. I can post a picture later.
    They are still the best we ever got (we played Trump 101 before, ~17 € the same with EG1130), so I need to get them.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

it is already known that the company is cutting cost and that's why they are having the cork made with cork and synthetic material if i remember correctly. from previous posts on this thread alone you will see that it has happened since the last two years if not earlier. playing mostly singles, i find the shuttles still very consistent and the cork only deforms when i play doubles with people who can't make proper contact with the shuttle. i do see that the feathers are better in comparison with victor gold but the cork is not as well made as victor gold.

it's been a long time since i humidify any shuttles but i am guessing if i humidify victor gold shuttles, i can make it last as long as the aeroplane black label. with victor gold at $15usd and aeroplane black label at $19.5usd i think they are both very cost effective shuttles, at least for my games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gundamzaku I agree with u that the cork only deforms on doubles games where people cant hit the shuttle properly. quite often I have managed to hit the shuttle totally outta shape, as in flattened after a smash. the black label lasts really long on single games with little deformity though.

btw 19.5usd that's a real bargain, if you dont mind please share with us on where u got it from, thanks mate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:  20140419_132616[1].jpg
Views: 409
Size:  42.5 KBHere is a shot of the YouHe s100 cut in have. It appears it is made out of all cork. I have yet to test the shuttlecock.
    Last edited by nosebleed; 04-19-2014 at 03:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone provide updates for what Aeroplane Blacks are like now (quality/durability wise) in 2014?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the above comments still hold true. We continue to use tthem, and if steamed are pretty consistent. We play about 75% or more doubles, and I would say they last on average for 1.5 games each. We pay approximately $22 shipped per tube from Shuttlecock101.
    Last edited by dr_lager; 10-07-2014 at 09:16 AM. Reason: typo

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9