String pattern for BK Max Force 970 XL

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Sandia, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Sandia

Sandia New Member

Looking for the string pattern for the above frame. Thanks for the help

2. Jonster

Jonster Regular Member

University Student
    I have a two BK Max Force 930s. I have strung over 15, possibly 20, BK Max Force 970 XLs. Just to note the Max Force 930 and 970 XL have the same string pattern, probably the 950 too.

Mains, they keep going to A6,8,10,12. A12 goes to B9. Skip from B9 to B12. B12 goes to A16. A16 to A14, down to B10. Tie mains off at B8.

Crosses, tie at b6. Start crosses at b9 until A7. Tie crosses off at A5.

3. chewablemorphin

chewablemorphin Regular Member

Lifeguard, and a little bit of autobody
    Blackknight made this really easy with the way they set up the grommets. They gave you two larger grommets at the bottom and the top specifically put there for tying your knots.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    when you string this racket, be very very careful with the covered non-shared grommet holes. do all the preparation to allow you to move the string in order to thread the cross into these holes.

i strung one before and it was a royal pain due to the alignment and the short string segment.

best is to insert little string on the main segment so you can move the mains aside.

5. hesho

hesho Regular Member

hmmm..

sorry for the necro bump but....

so someone on a the club bought a 2nd max force 970 XL and i am stringing it and i noticed something. I have an empty grommet at the top. 1 on each side but the bottom lines up perfectly though. So yesterday, i asked to borrow his other Max Force racquet as a reference and... It does NOT have this extra grommet....

Did BK change the racquet or something? Why is there an extra grommet at the top on both sides? Actually, looking at it a bit more, it's missing a grommet for the cross strings on each side too. I'm looking at it, there is 2 single grommets in a row pointing downward.

#5 hesho, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012