Yonex Nanospeed 6000 (NS6000)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by hador7, Jun 19, 2012.

1. hador7

hador7 Regular Member

Hi guys, I'm looking to buy a Nanospeed 6000 as my racket store has it on clearance (since it's a relatively old model), especially with the Nanorays replacing them.

However, I am having some trouble identifying whether this is a Hold or Repulsion type racquet (according to Yonex).

I've looked at several Yonex charts and it seems Yonex has placed the Nanospeed 6000 as Hold on some charts, and Repulsion on others (examples below).

Anyone have any insight on what the Nanospeed 6000 really is?

comparison_chart_1.png JJBJpo.jpg chart4ii.jpg

2. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

Got this from one of my old files lying around. How much are they selling for? Unless ur a collector, I reckon you can find some other models with better value for money.
    P040_2.jpg

3. hador7

hador7 Regular Member

Thanks bakulaw. The store is selling it for $100USD (including tax). Do you think it's a good price? Most of the websites that I've found online seem to be selling it for around $150usd or so.

The other option is I pay $150usd (including tax) for the Nanoray 700RP which seems to be more evenly balanced and has somewhat newer technology.

The NS6000 does seem to be somewhat overly head light.

#3 hador7, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  4. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

$100 USD is a good price for a Japan-model Yonex racket. Does it come strung? or frame only?

On the other hand, it's still a bit expensive compared to other models of same quality.

Depending on your spec preferences, you can find a better racket at the same price if you read through BC for an hour or two.

5. hador7

hador7 Regular Member

Frame only but they offer free stringing service (if I provide them with a string). Yea, it's a pretty good price though I know the model is fairly old, but for $100usd, I just might pick it up.

Other than one review on Badmintoncentral, I really don't see much info on the racquet.