User Tag List

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hope CHONG WEI feng can win and follow Daren Liew to QF...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Olympics and World Championship is the past mate...you have to look at the current state or at least reevaluate his
    results in a defined period. Let's say six years.
    In the past six years, he has not done anything fantastic, the same case as the bloke Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong.
    I think his ability to only manage one Super Series title in the last six years do not add up.
    He and the fans must realise: He isnt fantastic and great in that six years. People/players can just ignore/alienate him right now
    but he still gets the respect for winning the majors. Yet these majors alone arent gonna promote him to the Hall of Fame.
    Six years (almost seven years already i think) of failing to win title(s) is more than enough to actually disqualify him from being called a great player

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by repentedboy View Post
    Dude no offense. You have to stop using Olympics and World Championship to defend his current state.

To me, there's no point to have a player winning a One gold in one OG / WC and consistently delivering poor results in Super Series tournaments. I think he has failed to justify his gold and position as a great player right now.

But ! He still has a shot at Olympics which he has to perform otherwise, just like every now and then, He is completely ignored by the badminton media focus. That is understandable.

He has failed to shine in Thomas Cup campaigns which he managed to win once in a final, the rest were shambles. Super Series, SS Premiers he has failed as well.

This Olympics is crucial to his swansong.
    Dude, no offence but come back and have this discussion when you've won olympic gold and 4 World Championship medal. I'd rather have that than 100 Super Series titles....

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INA WD leads on 3rd game interval 11-4.... Keep it up..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aulia View Post
    First thing first, are you his fans or not?

Because if you are, then you have a reason to be sad cause he seems to decline (I think he already decline so many years ago) and lost to players he supposed not to lose. I for some reason, feel the same, it's so sad to see a player be like that.

But as an Indonesian, I will keep remember him as one of our hero, the one who once made our nation proud. And not only once, you can see that badMania already stated about his accomplishment.

I think it's still okay if we --- fans --- have a different idea about a player, just don't make them look bad though. Peace out.

Yeyeye... Rubber game already. SEMANGAT!
    I see what you mean.. But you cannot be that narrow minded and just conclude saying "man he has won the Olympics and World Championship, good enough to be remembered as a great player"

Sorry man, I think it doesnt work like that. His poor results in the last six years have overwritten his recognition.

The only for him to redeem that is by winning the Olympics this summer which i think will be uphill task for him. When I say uphill means it's possible because Lee Chong Wei is injured now, otherwise with Lee Chong Wei combined with Lin Dan's presence, It's impossible for him to win

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Not the first time, actually... the last time he lost tamely in the next round immediately after beating LHI. Let's hope there is a difference tomorrow and we can start talking!
    Oh... okay... let's hope Liew Daren could progress further....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok Ok anyway regardless of opinions everyone is entitled to, Hall of Fame is out of the question for him.

He cannot possibly be inducted in the Hall of Fame when his record shows how he manage to only win one Super Series title in 7 years of SS tournaments as well as his failure to help his country deliver more Thomas Cups.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see what you mean.. But you cannot be that narrow minded and just conclude saying "man he has won the Olympics and World Championship, good enough to be remembered as a great player"

Sorry man, I think it doesnt work like that. His poor results in the last six years have overwritten his recognition.

The only for him to redeem that is by winning the Olympics this summer which i think will be uphill task for him. When I say uphill means it's possible because Lee Chong Wei is injured now, otherwise with Lee Chong Wei combined with Lin Dan's presence, It's impossible for him to win
    Well, I prefer to be narrow minded then.

And keep cheering on, lol.

GO NITYA/ANNEKE! 14-10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Olympics and World Championship is the past mate...you have to look at the current state or at least reevaluate his
    results in a defined period. Let's say six years.
    In the past six years, he has not done anything fantastic, the same case as the bloke Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong.
    I think his ability to only manage one Super Series title in the last six years do not add up.
    He and the fans must realise: He isnt fantastic and great in that six years. People/players can just ignore/alienate him right now
    but he still gets the respect for winning the majors. Yet these majors alone arent gonna promote him to the Hall of Fame.
    Six years (almost seven years already i think) of failing to win title(s) is more than enough to actually disqualify him from being called a great player
    If Taufik retires immediately after winning the 2006 AG he is a great player. But because he continued playing because he loves the sport, he should not be remembered as a great player. Correct me if what I understand from your words is wrong.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    The noisy, uncivilized (as termed by a sour-graped CHN supporter) SIN crowd must be putting CSC off her game. Oh, so unfair

CJY 18-8
    that harsh,hehe

GVS/LKW proved me wrong 3 in QF
    u mean u own the account that predict all mas will lost in this round?
    multi-account?hehe

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Err... He has a gold medal at the Olympics and 4 different medals from the World Chanpionships? For me anyone that has that collection is a great player...
    Dude no offense. You have to stop using Olympics and World Championship to defend his current state.

To me, there's no point to have a player winning a One gold in one OG / WC and consistently delivering poor results in Super Series tournaments. I think he has failed to justify his gold and position as a great player right now.

But ! He still has a shot at Olympics which he has to perform otherwise, just like every now and then, He is completely ignored by the badminton media focus. That is understandable.

He has failed to shine in Thomas Cup campaigns which he managed to win once in a final, the rest were shambles. Super Series, SS Premiers he has failed as well.

This Olympics is crucial to his swansong.
    u are slapping ur own face with ur own hand.
    if the og and wc achievement in the past cant proof he is a great player
    so what for he do well in the OG 2012???
    yawn,u should say he should win every ss title from now onward till his retirement.<==only this is parallel to what u claim
    yawn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ouch. 16 all.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Taufik retires immediately after winning the 2006 AG he is a great player. But because he continued playing because he loves the sport, he should not be remembered as a great player. Correct me if what I understand from your words is wrong.
    Yes, in my opinion TH just keep on playing after reaching his peak. Other players might have retired on their peak so that we did not see the moment they lose badly. For example Zhang Ning retired after winning his 2nd OG GOld Medal, if he keeps on playing we will not know what will happen. LD most probably will retire after 2013WC.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typical INA WD pair...from leading 11-4 to trailing 16-17.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CHONG WEI (feng) wins....!!
    Congratulations, since beating Taufik yesterday has boost his confidence...!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    u mean u own the account that predict all mas will lost in this round?
    multi-account?hehe
    No, no, but I said that GVS/LKW will normally fall in tight and close games and hard to catch up when trailing. Didn't expect them to jump from 12-13 to 18-13

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another spectacular collapse from INA WD pair. They simply CANNOT RETAIN ANY LEAD in the decider set!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! What a meltdown from Anneke/Nitya from 16-12 to 17-20. Looked good to win.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast