User Tag List

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hendra/Vita took first game 21-17 over He HB/Bao YX.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay!! CSC won!! No undies, panties or raisins taken so far. I've been decent!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go Go Go Hendra Vita!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taufik Hidayat has lost in the early round again, failing to even capture a second Super Series title since the inception in 2007
    Should he still be considered a Great player ? At the moment, a big NO because the present results and string of losses
    disagreed with that opinion.
    He better make an impact in the Olympic Games 2012 otherwise he will just exit the badminton world with nothing to shout about.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hendra Setiawan/Vita Marissa beat He Hanbin/Bao Yixin [5] in 3-sets: 21-17, 17-21, 21-15. No CHN representative in XD QF. The CHN pair was sent tumbling to the floor many times by Hendra's deceptive shots. Bao Yixin, being the net player, found it really difficult to play Hendra, who's still excellent at the net, compared to other male players.

If not for the many unforced errors that the INA pair made, they could have won it in straight-sets. They will face Shoji Sato/Shizuka Matsuo [4] for a place in the last 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wah, they won!

Now cheering for Nitya/Anneke!

SEMANGAT!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by repentedboy View Post
    Taufik Hidayat has lost in the early round again, failing to even capture a second Super Series title since the inception in 2007
    Should he still be considered a Great player ? At the moment, a big NO because the present results and string of losses
    disagreed with that opinion.
    He better make an impact in the Olympic Games 2012 otherwise he will just exit the badminton world with nothing to shout about.
    Err... He has a gold medal at the Olympics and 4 different medals from the World Chanpionships? For me anyone that has that collection is a great player...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boonsak, Viktor and Sony Dwi Kuncoro ALWAYS seem to play well in Singapore...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Err... He has a gold medal at the Olympics and 4 different medals from the World Chanpionships? For me anyone that has that collection is a great player...
    Exactly! For me, Taufik Hidayat does not have anything to prove to anyone again as he's already an Olympics Gold Medalist, 2 times Asian Games Gold Medalist, and as you mentioned collected all the medals at the World Championships, 2 times winners of Thomas Cup, and countless individual titles including 6x Indonesia Open (the SS or SSP equivalent) winners (plus 1 more Indonesia Open GPG 2010).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go go Anneke/Nitya make rubber..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude no offense. You have to stop using Olympics and World Championship to defend his current state.

To me, there's no point to have a player winning a One gold in one OG / WC and consistently delivering poor results in Super Series tournaments. I think he has failed to justify his gold and position as a great player right now.

But ! He still has a shot at Olympics which he has to perform otherwise, just like every now and then, He is completely ignored by the badminton media focus. That is understandable.

He has failed to shine in Thomas Cup campaigns which he managed to win once in a final, the rest were shambles. Super Series, SS Premiers he has failed as well.

This Olympics is crucial to his swansong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

20-15. Rubber! Rubber!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boonsak, Viktor and Sony Dwi Kuncoro ALWAYS seem to play well in Singapore...
    Maybe these players play better with quiet spectators like ours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh! Axelsen wears black shorts today.Is that good or bad news?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    What an outstanding performance by Liew Daren, he beat LHI in 3 games... What an achievement...MAS MS department have a hope on Liew Daren....
    Not the first time, actually... the last time he lost tamely in the next round immediately after beating LHI. Let's hope there is a difference tomorrow and we can start talking!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude no offense. You have to stop using Olympics and World Championship to defend his current state.

To me, there's no point to have a player winning a One gold in one OG / WC and consistently delivering poor results in Super Series tournaments. I think he has failed to justify his gold and position as a great player right now.

But ! He still has a shot at Olympics which he has to perform otherwise, just like every now and then, He is completely ignored by the badminton media focus. That is understandable.

He has failed to shine in Thomas Cup campaigns which he managed to win once in a final, the rest were shambles. Super Series, SS Premiers he has failed as well.

You said that he will retire with nothing to shout about. In recent years, of course he has nothing to shout about. But you cannot deny the fact that he has won every title that every badminton player wants to win except the All-England. Nothing to be shameful about.

Are you saying that if you are a champion many years back but if you fail to deliver towards the end of your career he is not considered a great player ever?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First thing first, are you his fans or not?

Because if you are, then you have a reason to be sad cause he seems to decline (I think he already decline so many years ago) and lost to players he supposed not to lose. I for some reason, feel the same, it's so sad to see a player be like that.

But as an Indonesian, I will keep remember him as one of our hero, the one who once made our nation proud. And not only once, you can see that badMania already stated about his accomplishment.

I think it's still okay if we --- fans --- have a different idea about a player, just don't make them look bad though. Peace out.

Yeyeye... Rubber game already. SEMANGAT!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast