User Tag List

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wah who coul've thought local girl XAY made up for bitter loss for YL/Sari earlier by made it to SF

Uncle Loh must be happy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Understandable as it is an olympic year. Most top players are not here.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Don't blame you for thinking so. This year, the quality of the field is akin to that of a GP event
    Ever heard of China Masters? What s the quality of the field like there in recent years?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    Viktor AXELSEN will put a shame to Malaysian players.
    Why Malaysian? Not INA or THA. Two MAS MS made the big jump of reaching QF in SS, not courtesy of walkovers but by taking out more experienced world class players. That s major progress and nothing to be ashamed of but all to be proud of.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heong View Post
    the attendance and crowd presence is very poor... just look at all those empty seats, I'd pay a substantial amount just to see this matchnot to mention being in the Quarter final stages, being a Super Series event and in a relatively popular game in Singapore...I remember in Australia Open... a Grand Prix event, had HEAPS more people in the QF in contrast... and the sport is no where near as popular there as Singapore
    How big is your stadium, the capacity, 10,000? Part of the problem may be Singaporeans take their work more seriously than Aussies. Usually the crowds come in during semi and finals. But I m not complaining. There s more fresh oxygen and freedom of space. More importantly, most of the matches are high quality and competitive and none are fake, even for INA vs INA or THA vs THA...but really, we can t compete with the ongoing EURO 2012, can we? Even the shops and streets are quieter...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    Why Malaysian? Not INA or THA. Two MAS MS made the big jump of reaching QF in SS, not courtesy of walkovers but by taking out more experienced world class players. That s major progress and nothing to be ashamed of but all to be proud of.
    because from early years only rely on LCW one man army, now with LCW under recover from his injury, it is the best time for MAS back up players like DL and CWF to proof themselves in world class level...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ever heard of China Masters? What s the quality of the field like there in recent years?
    I think China Masters will take place in september this year.. Last year 4 out of the world top 5 players where all playing Masters, inluding world no.1 Lin Dan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    I think China Masters will take place in september this year.. Last year 4 out of the world top 5 players where all playing Masters, inluding world no.1 Lin Dan.
    do you think they'll all play there this year though? It's just after the Olympics. Many will retire, some might take time off for a break, I can't see it being that busy. Expect some lesser players or those that weren't at that Olympics to win...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Wow, now you can t wait to flaunt the new world no. 1 Lin Dan. Remember , he s not interested in being WR1? By the way, it s more like a CHN players SS. It s not world class. Not all the top non-CHN players turned up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, now you can t wait to flaunt the new world no. 1 Lin Dan. Remember , he s not interested in being WR1? By the way, it s more like a CHN players SS. It s not world class. Not all the top non-CHN players turned up.
    Oh. Right. Not world class because LCW didn't play. Of course. Seriously if you want to bash something at least have a good example to use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Ch...s_Super_Series
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Ch...s_Super_Series

No matter how you cut it, the field is stronger than this year's SG Open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    do you think they'll all play there this year though? It's just after the Olympics. Many will retire, some might take time off for a break, I can't see it being that busy. Expect some lesser players or those that weren't at that Olympics to win...
    huuh. Yes, When any top player like LCW, Gade, LD, Taufik etc. retire, then the tournaments after their retirement will be missing those. But that will be the same for China Masters, Japan Open, Denmark Open, French Open, China Open, Hong Kong Open, The SuperSeries Finals, All-Enland etc. as well.

Many of the Danish pro's I've talked to rate the China Tournaments like China Masters very high! There is a lot of spectators and good arrangement, and last but not least they want to beat the Chineese players on their home-turf!! Beating the strong Chineese players when they are backed by their home crowd in their own "crib" is something most strong players really look forward to do!!

Pretty good then lah, to be WR #1 without even trying :-D . Come on we all know LD, probably as well as LCW, wants to be WR1.. But if it comes down to prioritizing both problably wants OG and WC golds much more.. Especially since both have rached WR#1 and maintained it for long periods in their career..
    Last edited by twobeer; 06-22-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yamsyams View Post
    Oh. Right. Not world class because LCW didn't play. Of course. Seriously if you want to bash something at least have a good example to use.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Ch...s_Super_Serieshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Ch...s_Super_SeriesNo matter how you cut it, the field is stronger than this year's SG Open.
    It s subjective. Obviously I prefer the variety in SG Open. Wikipedia is authoritative? Hmmm...

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If I'm not mistaken, attendance at the China Masters last year was pretty good, not least because it was part of the OLY qualifying period.

This year's SO is unfortunately in the period just before the OG when many players would prefer to go easy on competition, and focus mainly on training/prep.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If I'm not mistaken, attendance at the China Masters last year was pretty good, not least because it was part of the OLY qualifying period.

This year's SO is unfortunately in the period just before the OG when many players would prefer to go easy on competition, and focus mainly on training/prep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. SG Open tickets about doubled compared to last year.
    2. Field depleted because preparation for the Olympics is the top-most priority (no tournaments are above the Olympics) and SG Open does not offer anything other than match practice for some players.
    3. Singapore Indoor Stadium is pretty huge; it can look empty pretty easily.
    4. Based on experience, weekends are when the crowd shows up. In the past, I used to take leave from work to watch the whole day (at least in the QF, or even R16), and notice that people start trickling in after work. Well, this year, I was one of those late-comers. Last night, only managed to reach the stadium at 8 pm and watched the last 2 hours. No matter what, work (especially if urgent) has to come before badminton, even for die-hard fans.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hcyong View Post
    1. SG Open tickets about doubled compared to last year.
    2. Field depleted because preparation for the Olympics is the top-most priority (no tournaments are above the Olympics) and SG Open does not offer anything other than match practice for some players.
    3. Singapore Indoor Stadium is pretty huge; it can look empty pretty easily.
    4. Based on experience, weekends are when the crowd shows up. In the past, I used to take leave from work to watch the whole day (at least in the QF, or even R16), and notice that people start trickling in after work. Well, this year, I was one of those late-comers. Last night, only managed to reach the stadium at 8 pm and watched the last 2 hours. No matter what, work (especially if urgent) has to come before badminton, even for die-hard fans.
    I am a different one. Badminton has to come before work. I purposely took one day leave on Wednesday to watch the R32 matches and write for Badzine. Unfortunately, my company was having an annual stock take on Thursday and Friday. Or else, I will take three days leaves in a row. Fortunately I still made it at 6.30pm yesterday. Able to witness with long battle of WD match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ngkt67 View Post
    nope, i'm happy... but my favourite is on MS and MD... others like ZD, WS and WD not interest...
    Be graceful & merciful to your own countrymen.

Btw, is ZD a new event?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast