Have you ever tested GOSEN Nano Cubic?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Steve L, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Steve L

Steve L Regular Member

I have been playing with mostly Yonex strings like BG-65 and BG-80
    But since my stringer started to buy GOSEN strings and I tryed the GOSEN Nano Cubic (,70 mm). I must say that I was positively surprised by many things about the string.
    Especially I like the durability of the string, this string is much more durable then BG-80 (which I belief is poor in durability) and BG-65.
    The other thing which I like is that the string keeps the tension very good over time.
    However it took med a short while to get used of the strings since it has a diffeent feeling compare to Yonex strings. The nano Cubic is quite stiff and the feeling is not 100 %, but after a while you get used with it and if you like power when you Smash, then you have found the right string in Gosen nano cubic.
    Is there anyone else that has similar or other experenced about this Gosen string?

2. pototo

pototo Regular Member

I totally agree with you, I was using BG-65 before switching to Nanocubic, once you get used to the string, it gives much stronger power than BG-65, sad that I can't find any local seller selling Gosen string in Australia and I always need to order whole bunch from overseas......... :crying:

3. Steve L

Steve L Regular Member

Hi Pototo,
    Thanks for sharing your experence with the Gosen Nanocubic string, which seams to be the same experence I have.
    I agree its very difficult to buy and find, but I am luckly that my stringer in Sweden have it and now are stringer more and more rackets with the Gosen Nanocubic strings. I hope you find a supplier in Australia.
    Br.
    Steve

4. pototo

pototo Regular Member

Hey Steve, have you tried GOSEN R4X100 before, I heard that it is quite similar to BG66 Ultimax, thinking of buying some to try it out on my new Victor Brave Sword LYD :)

5. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i have not tried this string, but will get a couple of packs and string them on my test rackets, thank you for your constructive input!!!

6. Steve L

Steve L Regular Member

Hi Pototo,
    I have tested R4X100 and its a a very nice string with a great feeling, but there are a few things to know about the string.
    The string has a ribbed surface and no other coating. It gives you a great spinn and feeling when hitting the shuttlecock.
    The downside of this is a short string life and durability.
    The playing feeling with the string are like old natural strings lik VS.
    You will also see how it get worn were you hit the shuttlecocks most.
    The R4X100 is only 0,63 mm thick. I would recomend you to rather test the R4X110 which is 0,68 mm. This gives you a better durability compare to R4X100 but more or less same good playability and feeling. Its a great strings but you have to be prepared to re-string you racket little bit more often.
    Its completely different compare to GOSEN NanoCubic.
    Good Luck
    Steve