A Victor for my girlfriend

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by renbo, Jun 27, 2012.

1. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Hi everyone, i am looking for a Victor racquet for my girlfriend. She has a good intermediate level, likes to drop and smash, but does not use much her wrist - she swings with her whole arm. She knows it's not correct, but as her muscle are extremely tiny, it's the best she can do.So she is looking for a racket slightly head heavy, or even balance, medium flex, that will give her good sensations at the back of the court where she likes to stay, but also some precision as she likes to place the shuttle.Initially I thought about an YY 900t, but she felt the racquet way too head heavy. She likes my arcsaber 8dx but it is too stiff. Ithen thought an arcsaber 7 or 9 would do the trick but then she said no Yonex please. I guess girls are difficult to please but I like her that way I guess. So would a BS 11 or 12, or a SW 37 would fit? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

2. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    mx60 or bs12, but if she's not swinging correctly imo theres no point in spending that much money until she develops her technique more.

3. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    BS12 is ok.

5. LightSaber

LightSaber Regular Member

Smasher
    BS169 will catch the eye for its color... but still quite heavy and quite stiff for a gurl

6. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
  7. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Thank you for your advices! I'll go for the BS 12 I think. To go for a cheeper one would not be diplomatic. I think some of you guys don't fully understand the girls' heart! Don't mess around for 30 euros! Beside, she keeps her racquet for two-three years, so 100 euros for the BS 12 is no big matter.Though i thought the BS 11 would have suited better, because of greater flex, but I might be confused.

8. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

heavy? note that the OP was considering SW37/BS11/12.
    if it's indeed too heavy, there's always 4U.

9. cmteo

cmteo Regular Member

Engineer
  10. renbo

renbo Regular Member

It is beside the question, but Canti's answer makes me think that at a certain point, when you have developped a bad habit that allows you to reach a certain level, to change the habit would be very upsetting and a long period of adaptation necessary. A frieng of mine has another bad habit, he takes the shuttle very low, almost shoulder higth, but it is quite effective for him, he clears and drops nicely. I would not advise him to change anything. Of course for a youngster it would be different, but players over 30...

11. visor

visor Regular Member

you should not underestimate the importance of colour for a girl... ;)

bs169

12. renbo

renbo Regular Member

The BS 160 does indeed look nice. But I am afraid it is not enough offensive. Players relying on a big arm swing for their clears, specially on the back hand, do need a little weight on the head.

13. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I fully agree with you Visor, the color is essential for girls - and for boys! Have you noticed how the look of the racquets are important in many reviews! But my sweetheart does not like pink, too girlish for her

14. visor

visor Regular Member

ah, in that case, perhaps yellow mx60 in the lighter 4u form

15. cmteo

cmteo Regular Member

Engineer
    I have MX60 and BS and I feel MX60 head weight is distribute even on the head and BS is more on the top of the head. My personal feel is you need faster swing speed or stronger wrist to get the power from MX60 than BS. So I think BS11/12 is more suitable as bakulaw and kwun suggested.

#15 cmteo, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  16. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

No Yonex. Well, what about Li-Ning?
    N60 looks very nice :)

17. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    seems to be the trend to come up with racket specifically for the female population. i would not be surprised if there are more coming out in the future from Victor.

18. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Indeed! Considering that badminton is quite popular among ladies, there is definitively a market there! If we pnly consider the clothing, there is not much to be found now among YY, Victor and the likes.I think Li Ning would have been possible, but I understang nothing of their racquet categorisation, and they are a bit over priced I think.I showed the pics of the MX 60 to my beloved, and she had a flash for it. According to cmteo, it is slightly head heavy but with the weight equally spreaded on the whole head, and it is what she wants, she told me. I'll go for that one I beleive. Thanks for your help folks!

19. visor

visor Regular Member

Haha! I'm glad she likes the MX60! :) Just make sure you get her the 4U, though.

20. JukUx

JukUx Regular Member

I would have recommended bs09 and then I would have told her that LYD used it. Then she'd have hearts in her eyes get all lovely dovey would have gotten it. :<